Watching City whilst on Holiday experiences

Watched the 1-6 in the Maldives & it was great then in April I watched the 1-0 return game sat in a pub off the strip in Las Vegas while on my honeymoon, pub full of reds.

I was on a walking holiday for the Gillingham game. Was walking through a car park and asked a guy to tune his car radio into the football. He obliged, was just about to walk off to catch the coach when all looked lost and the guy shouted me back. Missed the coach and had to hitch 20 miles but was well worth it......

Crazy Georges Bar near Lardos on Rhodes .

August 2011 when we beat Bolton 3 - 2

The place had about four games on ,on different big screens but everyone was watching the City game .
Mainly rags and a few locals .
When the final whistle went I turned to the group of rags near to me and told them " we will take six points from your lot and win the leauge " .

I should have gone the bookies and put a bet on .

I will be on the island of Crete when the Charity shield is played and I bet there wont be a rag shirt in sight .

Watched the Villarreal home game in Oura Beach,, Albufeira with a few blues ,and mouthy reds watching their game on another TV.

For 93 minutes it was quite a timid atmosphere, then when Aguero scored we were jumping around like loons.

Watched the Community Shield last year in Belek, Turkey & will be doing so again this year.

Had to suffer watching the game with a plastic rag last year who kept saying City were sh*t. His son was visibly embarrassed because he kept saying things which proved his lack of knowledge about the team he supported.

mike1923 said:
Watched us get hammered 6-0 by Chelsea under Hughes in Tunisia.

Although if memory serves right Liverpool spanked the scum 4-1 at the swamp the same weekend which eased the pain a tiny bit

Maybe your memory doesnt serve you quite well as you'd like as we were beaten 6-0 by chelsea on October 27th in the 07/08 season when Sven was in charge. Liverpool beat the rags on the 14th March in the 08/09 season

SuperBlue302 said:
mike1923 said:

Although if memory serves right Liverpool spanked the scum 4-1 at the swamp the same weekend which eased the pain a tiny bit

Maybe your memory doesnt serve you quite well as you'd like as we were beaten 6-0 by chelsea on October 27th in the 07/08 season when Sven was in charge. Liverpool beat the rags on the 14th March in the 08/09 season

Christ my memory is bad! Must have been different holidays

mike1923 said:
SuperBlue302 said:
mike1923 said:

Christ my memory is bad! Must have been different holidays

........ Or one hell of a holiday ;-)

Watched the Youth Cup final v chelsea(?) in Callella. Only bar showing it was a shrine to the rags. Sat outside away from all the shite on the walls. No-one could understand my enthusiasm for a 'kids' match. Landlord, to be fair was alright, better than his locals, and from Stockport, which gave me a giggle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.