Watching City whilst on Holiday experiences

We are still in Egypt and I have a couple of city tops, so many other fans have congratulated us. Watched the game yesterday with three yanks and a few Austrians. The yanks followed Chelsea Liverpool and fenerbache. They all hated the scum.they were all only in their 20's so never been to a game bless em. They though it was "awesome" I'd been to anfield etc, they were well giddy at the 6-1 at the swamp. The poor Austrians were embarrass at their league and love the prem. good lads and had a ball last night, we ended up at a foam party till all hours, that was interesting:)

Watched the 0-1 v Spurs in Cornwall, me the only Blue and one Spurs fan, the rest were rags from Exeter, refering to us as 'the bitters' at every opportunity (oh the power of the internet) and kissing the arse of the Spurs fan, in the end Mrs DH (a red) had to tell them to "shut the fuck up you bunch of gloryhunting c*nts".

Probably the funniest (also saddest) was the 2-2 game v Blackburn where Robinho scored in injury time, same place as above, but there was another Blue there holidaying with his in-laws, the brother of which was a rag.

He sat there with his kid, both in 'Sharpe' rag shirts, laughing and taking the piss cheering Blackburn on, louder than the three old Blackburn fans in the corner with their whippets, but, as soon as Robinho equalised he couldn't put his coat on fast enough (made his boy too) and bombed it out of the pub, head down without a word, obviously me and the other Blue just smiled at each other, didn't even need to say a word.

Watched Villa v City whilst on holiday in Corfu in 2008. Think it was our first match after the takeover, we lost 2-4 and Agbonlahor had a field day. The place was far from full, I was the only City fan and there were about 10 or so Villa fans. They were relatively good natured and didn't take the piss too much, but there was one lad sat at the table behind, aged 19-20 (I was 17 at the time), and he was lording it to the fullest. First he was slating City, then moved on to making general jibes about Manchester in that terrible accent of theirs. I can only conclude that he must have been upset by a Mancunian at some point, such was his ranting. In the end he got told to shut up by his Dad.

edit: just realised that this match was a few weeks before the Takeover, as it was in August.

Packing for my hols and realised my trunks are from 2010/2011 season, anyone know if there has been updated City trunks since?

Looking forward to walking around in City attire and everyone knowing who we are now. Even last year few of the locals understood much about City. Anyone already been out on hols and found this already?

last year in Morocco,Agidir, found alot of the locals knew alot about our owners and new history,but not so much about our old history

I watched the 6-1 whilst on a caravanning holiday in Somerset in a bar next to the site. Sat with a bunch of Mancs who were holidaying like us whilst 4 rags sat next to us talking about Ballotelli in WELSH. I think that tells you everything you need about united supporters. The rest of that day was just a giddy blur, just couldnt believe it.

Watched the Shield match in a bar in Kalkan Turkey. A few supporters from both clubs. Offered to do the Poznan but no one took me up on it. Disappointing atmosphere from fellow blues and even got told off for waving at the departing Chelsea fans......

Was in Gran Canaria in 1999, Colchester v city was advertised as being shown live at lineker's (I think). Was obviously pretty giddy as not many 2nd div games were shown live. Got there, and they couldn't get a fckin signal - gutted. Ended up watching teletext - only update was goater 1-0 which made me happy and I ended up very wankered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.