Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEP: (On changing style following Leicester defeat) No. No way. We are going to play the way I feel.

PEP: I believe in the way I like to play, I am sorry. If I cannot do that, the chairman will decide. But there’s no way I will change.

PEP: Of course I have to adapt, but that doesn’t mean I change the way I believe. You have to play in this kind of way. It’s the best way.

PEP: I thought maybe it would be shorter to adapt but I am pretty sure it will happen. If people want me to fail, there’s nothing I can say.

PEP: Here you have to control the second ball. Without that you cannot survive. We were able to do it earlier in the season.

PEP: (Yaya) is ready to play. He is in squad as normal.

PEP: Watford can play with five or four at the back. I like their strikers. They area really good on set pieces. They are confident.

PEP: The last month we have to accept it’s not going well. The last games at home we didn’t win. I don’t have a defence.

I'd rather he failed spectacularly trying to instill a system that works, than become a helter skelter change merchant.

Hope he has a copy of 'IF'. He needs to read that shit many times. Just because the whole world is for immediate gratification doesn't mean you are wrong. Stay the course. Improve on what are clearly weaknesses (I.e defenders too scared to pass and move comfortably in a passing game; wayward finishing; and a drop in the intensify of his press). These are all parts of his philosophy that can improve.

Those are the real problems, not his possesion game plan, his choice of goalie or philosophy on football. Those are simply low hanging fruits for the one track minded to whine about.

Stay the course. Success is around the corner.

5-1 tonight. not quite sure whos going to score for us, nor am I convinced we will keep it down to just 1 conceded, but yeah; 5-1.

i think it might be another night of spurned chances and them grabbing an equaliser with a counter against our paper defence. Us up at half time, finishing as a draw.

Worth a punt as an acca i think ... last of the big spenders ....

CzpIbNYXcAAFRLC.jpg

I wonder how Pep reacts after his statement about 2nd balls, especially high balls. Neither of Silva, Gundogan or KDB seem to be helpful there.

I feel tonight it's all about attitude. Hope the team is a team, and determined to win.
As we struggle to find a leader in the squad we really might need Yaya to show something of his winning mentality.

KDB starting is a must for me. Gundogan has to understand first what EPL is about.

Stones needs to be fired up by Otamendi after his bloodless performance at Leicester.

Even without an early goal I hope the lads stay pacient and confident.
I want to see them 100% up to it - and I also believe they will be. They have to show some response.

Not sure I'm up to speed on who is available or not, but if possible I would go with:

-----------------------------Bravo----------------------
Sagna/Zaba------Otamendi--Stones-------Clichy
------------------Gundogan----Garcia----------------
Sterling--------------De Bruyne------Silva----------
-------------------------Iheanacho--------------------

3-1 City

I think the game tonight is as much about the manager as the players. I really hope the performance will remove my doubts.

i think it might be another night of spurned chances and them grabbing an equaliser with a counter against our paper defence. Us up at half time, finishing as a draw.

Worth a punt as an acca i think ... last of the big spenders ....

CzpIbNYXcAAFRLC.jpg

If that comes in you'll be gutted you didn't put £4 on instead of 4p.

If that comes in you'll be gutted you didn't put £4 on instead of 4p.

it was what was left from a free bet on betstars .... if i thought there was a chance i'd have put on a full £1 lol ... but i aint greedy, i'd be well happy with 6k from a 4p bet, but you know if all 4 are correct at half time, you are damn sure i'll be cashing out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.