Wayne Rooney - how good or bad, bias aside?

Not World class.

A scorer of good goals (that beast against Newcastle a few years back was immense), but not a good goal scorer.
Last year was an extraordinary season, IMO, one which he will struggle to repeat.

The fact that the papers were raving over the fact that he scored a penalty against West Ham, "Rooney's back!" just shows how much they bum him.

On his day the guy is quality, the CC semi last year every time the fat runt got the ball I shit my self.
The thing is he will be like Torres was last year in that he won't be aloud to recover from injury due to the rags depending on him as there only real super star, I know they have lots of great players but if you look at the stats with out him in the team they are top 6 not champs.

Rooney would start in any team in the world, im trying to think of a team where he wouldn't walk in but cant find any. If that doesn't qualify you as "world class" then I dont know what the fuck does

He might not be as good as Messi or Tranny but he's world class nonetheless

Disclaimer: I'm neither a city nor a united fan

He wouldn't walk in to Barcelona's team.

---------MESSI----------------VILLA-------------------INIESTA---------

Upfront as a 3.

Can't say. The only time I watch the rags is twice a year, when they've got the honour of playing us. And even then, I watch the pitch if we happen to lose possession. In other words, I've hardly seen Rooney play, so haven't a clue what he's like. And as long as England continue with the same deluded, rag-like thinking that they've a divine right to win every game and international trophy, then I don't watch them, either.

Erm it's a tough one because i'm not keen on him and oddly i'd feel the same if he wasn't a dirty rag.

He's obviously a very good player. I'll try break it down...

Very good football intelligence
Good pace
Great strength
Good in the air
Good finisher
Normally very good work-rate
Good movement, normally

I don't think there is a great gulf between him and Tevez, but i think there is a fairly big gulf between him (and Tevez) and the best players on the planet (Messi, Tranny, Etc...)

He is technically good for an English player, but on the continent, there are lots of players with better technical ability. Rooney has the mental attributes to take him to that next level, that other good players lack, despite him being a gob-shite.

It's unfair to talk about his England form, given that Messi's and Tranny's international form is poor. For the rags, he's a very good player.

I hate the cunts but they have some very good players, some of which are criminally under-rated. I do think they will weaken over the next few years though. Scholes and Giggs are class acts, and impossible to replace. VDS only has 1 or 2 years left, Ferdinand hasn't been great in a while, and he's struggled with injuries.

The problem is, they have a way of playing which is effective and it means players of supposed lesser ability can come into the team and do a good job. United probably have that aura about them where most teams would be happy to take a point against them. But as they lose great players and replace them with merely good players, that aura will eventually disappear, and we'll be there to cash in when it does.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:06 pm --<br /><br />
quiet_riot said:
Not World class.

A scorer of good goals (that beast against Newcastle a few years back was immense), but not a good goal scorer.
Last year was an extraordinary season, IMO, one which he will struggle to repeat.

The fact that the papers were raving over the fact that he scored a penalty against West Ham, "Rooney's back!" just shows how much they bum him.
I actually think that about Tevez aswell. I'd be shocked if he got anywhere near 29 this season. Same goes for Rooney. 15-20 for both i reckon.

Blue Phil said:
He wouldn't walk in to Barcelona's team.

---------MESSI----------------VILLA-------------------INIESTA---------

Upfront as a 3.

I disagree Iniesta plays there (out of position) only when necessary due to injuries

This would be the starters for Barca with Rooney IMO:

Mascherano/busquets
xavi--------------------------iniesta
messi------------Villa/rooney---------Villa/ Rooney

As it is, I think they'll start with Villa on the left Messi playing fake 9 in the middle and Pedro on the right with iniesta and xavi behind them.

Hasn't looked the same since he got injured last season.Was absolute shite in the WC and still looks a yard short.
Great first touch and vision,just looks a bit slow in the head.
Maybe he's lost a little self belief after starting to believe the constant rag bullshit?

Does most of his work outside the box now playing that "left to right" 40 yard ball he plays to whoever's on the right wing half a dozen times a game.

Cue Gray creaming his pants.

I said to my rag mate a while back that he reminds me of Fowler-that he seems to operate right at the top of his weight scale,and it will catch him up as he gets older.

It's deffo not helping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.