We are contenders.

Spurs fan in peace said:
blueinsa said:
Life is so unfair!!!

Ikkle ciddy have a great team and are second in the league!

Lets go on bluemoon and pretend they are not a threat!

Just like their boss,gooner fans also cant see whats happening ;-)
to be fair I'm actually saying that City might be contenders

Aimed at the Arsenal fans mate.

Long long way to go yet and i will start getting excited if we are in contention after xmas but in the mean time, new team, still to play strongest 11 and 2nd will do very nicely thanks.

True Gooner said:
are you city fans deluded? I am talking about man shitty being title contenders. I didnt say a word about us winning the league. You know full well you have no counter argument so you go onto our form and our players and cesc. Even if you win next weekend you wont win the league with Mancini in charge. He had a simple task of beating spuds at home to get in the top 4 yet failed miserably. Now you go onto winning the league by scraping past blackpool, please? 1 man team and tevez record proves that. How much have you spent over the past 2 seasons and your back up strikers wantaway adebayor and Roque Santa Cruz.

I havent come on here to hate just to say you are a bit deluded if you think you will win the league based on that performance today.

Remember you cock er nee slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag, you are a guest on here, unless you want to make like cesc and split!

True Gooner said:
Title Contenders?
Lets be honest you should be wiping the floor against the likes of Blackpool.
You will find out if you are true title contenders when you go away to the britannia stadiums or ewood parks of this world. Bloomfield road? come on now. Fair play you did grind out a result but you shouldn't have had to against blackpool (no disrespect to them they played well).

The likes of us united and chelsea play shit against the likes of everton or fulhams and come out with three points not blackpool. Would hate to think who could score the goals that tevez does if he was to get injured. Wait till you play 3 games in a week thats when you need to get maximum points at the business end of the season after christmas. Oh and a bold statement here- Roberto Mancini will never win you the league. Top 4 yes, the league no Mark my words!

Yeah, you're only a true title contender when you get hammered at home by a newly promoted team...

Oh, hang on a sec..

blueinsa said:
Spurs fan in peace said:
to be fair I'm actually saying that City might be contenders

Long long way to go yet and i will start getting excited if we are in contention after xmas but in the mean time, new team, still to play strongest 11 and 2nd will do very nicely thanks.
Im not slagging you off, you will be there and there about, Im just pointing out how fans in this forum are fickle in general. You win and play bad, you see 10 threads about how you are the real deal and thats what champions do. You draw and play bad, Mancini is clueless, he doesnt understand the english game etc etc. Im just saying its always an extreme to one side. We have played 8 games, Man City look strong, specielly defensively. But just like Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U, you have areas which you are not so great at. And you guys never seem to talk about these issues when you win, its a sudden crisis when you dont which I find amusing

if 3 2 was a hammering then you hammered blackpool today not quite the case is it. Is this the same newly promoted team that knocked you out of a cup competition?

When Mancini took over Inter it took him 2-3 years to win the scudetto with Inter where the only contenders were AC and had a much better team than he has here at city. Even if you win the league it will be in a season or two not now. The premier league is too advanced for a manager like Mancini.

Whats that 35 years?

gooney said:
blueinsa said:

Im not slagging you off, you will be there and there about, Im just pointing out how fans in this forum are fickle in general. You win and play bad, you see 10 threads about how you are the real deal and thats what champions do. You draw and play bad, Mancini is clueless, he doesnt understand the english game etc etc. Im just saying its always an extreme to one side. We have played 8 games, Man City look strong, specielly defensively. But just like Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U, you have areas which you are not so great at. And you guys never seem to talk about these issues when you win, its a sudden crisis when you dont which I find amusing

Gee thanks for that enlightening post, but if i might just give you a tip now.....

Jog off back to your own forum and discuss your own sides failings, there's a good chap.

Your trying to be a smart arse when the reality is there for all to see, your a worried man and rightly so :-)

gooney said:
blueinsa said:

Gooney, i can't help but agree with you about certain posters or so called 'supporters' on this site. Good post that.

gooney said:
blueinsa said:

It's just the nature of forums to be honest. The City faithful by and large, are happy with the team, but sometimes annoyed at our defensive setup.

For the record, hope you guys do well this year, I have a great deal of respect for Arsenal and its fans, stretching back to the days when you guys used to hammer United. For cockneys, you guys are alright. If any team in the land were to finish above us, I hope that it's you. I'd very much like to see you and us in a Cup Final (obviously with us been victorious :-)

(and I don't just say that about any United rivals; see my views on Liverpool for a good benchmark :-)

glen quagmire said:
gooney said:

Gooney, i can't help but agree with you about certain posters or so called 'supporters' on this site. Good post that.

Tbf Glen, we could go on 92 other football clubs forums and experience the same knee jerk posts mate, football does that, it really is all about opinions.

gooney said:
blueinsa said:

To be fair I've been on most football forums and you'll see that in every one of em there team wins they think they are the bee's knee's lose and they want the manager out....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.