We can still qualify and it is very possible

neel said:
Do munich have anything at stake in their last match.If they loose their last match, would they still top the group

A Million. Co-efficient points too, and pride. We should beat Roma though, so they've nout to cling on to late on.

Re: Whats our chances of Europa Now?

BlueAnorak said:
The only way we can qualify for the Europa Cup is if we win in Roma and CSKA win in Munich.
In all other circumstances we are out of Europe.
If Munich win, and we draw 0-0, won't we be third?

Re: Whats our chances of Europa Now?

FredTilson said:
BlueAnorak said:
The only way we can qualify for the Europa Cup is if we win in Roma and CSKA win in Munich.
In all other circumstances we are out of Europe.
If Munich win, and we draw 0-0, won't we be third?
Yes we would.
Doh...

In simple terms is it that we need to get more points than CSKA and not draw 0-0?

aguero93:20 said:
neel said:
Do munich have anything at stake in their last match.If they loose their last match, would they still top the group

A Million. Co-efficient points too, and pride. We should beat Roma though, so they've nout to cling on to late on.

I'm not sure its as simple as we should beat them. They need a win or a nil nil if Moscow don't win. They will play it very tight, pack the midfield and play with 0-0 in mind with the hope of snatching a 1-0 win. They are very good at home and to be honest for me were the better side for much of the game at our place. They will also have 60,000 fans screaming them on which will be intimidating.

If we win in Rome and qualify it will definitely be up there with one of our best results of the last few years.

We can do it and hopefully Silva will be back but I would still say they are slight favourites to finish 2nd.

George Hannah said:
cibaman said:
In simple terms is it that we need to get more points than CSKA and not draw 0-0?
or put another way - if Bayern beat Moscow a score draw in Rome would see us through

Or yet another way, we need to score and better CSKA's result.

jellert said:
German teams especially Bayern never give any games away. Don't worry
yeah right
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gij%C3%B3n" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gij%C3%B3n</a>

Bayern will beat CSKA.
If we score twice we're virtually guaranteed of progressing one way or another.

I took a bet on us after the CSKA defeat, got 66-1 to win the whole comp, now down to 25-1. I'm not ready to cash out just yet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.