We can still qualify and it is very possible

Thank you for all your efforts.

However, I am none the wiser.

Let's just go for a win in Rome and take it from there.

As I've noticed in the last couple of games, the lads simply need to play with passion and conviction. That's all we ask, surely?

So, Chelsea have already won the Prem and Real Madrid the CL. So fucking what? We are MCFC. Let's just sort our own shit out and stop worrying about everyone else.

mad4city said:
ChicagoBlue said:
blueparrot said:
No if we score and lose Roma go through,

......which is why we have to BETTER what CSKA do!!

Life is hard.
??

If we lose 5-4 and CSKA lose 5-3, ee have bettered their result... but ROMA go through.

Perhaps score and gain more points than CSKA?

cibaman said:
mad4city said:
ChicagoBlue said:
......which is why we have to BETTER what CSKA do!!

Life is hard.
??

If we lose 5-4 and CSKA lose 5-3, ee have bettered their result... but ROMA go through.

Perhaps score and gain more points than CSKA?[/quote

If CSKA win we are out.
If CSKA draw then we have to win, a draw sees Roma through.
If CSKA lose then a 1-1 draw or more in the City v Roma game sees City through.
If Roma win then they are through regardless of CSKA's result.

supercity88 said:
cibaman said:
supercity88 said:
Can't see CSKA beating Bayern. Whilst ourselves and Roma may have struggled against them, they're miles behind the level of Bayern and no matter how much desire they have I can't see them defeating Bayern in Munich. The good thing for us is that Bayern have numerous players returning from injury and also numerous players who will need game time in general. They're going to need to give players opportunities and fortunately for us their "fringe" players are still absolute quality. It's whether we can do the job in Rome. I'd suggest we watch the Roma v Bayern game, analyse how they played and try to play in a similar style. If we pack the midfield to avoid conceding sloppy goals then we should be fine. I just hope the ref isn't going to give in to a passionate home crowd and a team that will try to win free kicks in nearly every tackle.

It's really intriguing how both teams will approach this game. An early goal for us would put the cat among the pigeons. But I can't see us going for it too much, probably just play it as a "standard" counter attacking away game. If we do score they'll have to come at us. They might even decide that attacking us is their best option and forget about the 0-0, at least until late in the game.

I think Bayern would beat CSKA at least 8 times out of 10 and draw at least one of the other two. Even in a dead rubber for them. But a CSKA defeat isn't guaranteed. And it might not arrive until late in the game. Will City and Roma change tactics if CSKA are drawing in Munich after 70mins? Would we try to protect a scoring draw and hope for a Bayern win or go all out for the victory?

Hopefully Manuel will not be listening to the Italian version of Classic FM.

We won't give a seconds thought to the other game, we will try to beat Roma. Remember here that we are talking about an Italian team. They will not go for the win. They'll be compact, defensive and force us to break them down. Roma are through with a 0-0 draw depending on other results... but I think it will be them that look to counter. Why bother trying to beat us unless the situation alters in Munich.

I think Pellegrini will get things spot on. We have to score, so we won't go totally defensive. At the end of the day whether we are 0-0 or 1-0 down our brief remains the same, we have to score. Ideally we get the first goal and can then pick Roma off as they will then have to score twice and not concede. That should play into our hands.

I dont think we will be paying much attention to the CSKA game early on, but that might change late in the game. If we're 1-1 with 10 mins to go we will surely playing differently if CSKA are drawing or winning than if they are losing?

For an Italian team Roma dont strike me as being particularly strong defensively. I'm not sure that they will feel confident trying to defend against us for 90 mins. But it could be that the first half at least is a stalemate with neither team really going for it.

No matter what, City have to score, if they don't, they are out. Therefore it must be patient play to get the break. Don't want to be chasing the game as Italian clubs can defend when they want to (Bayern match excepted).

cibaman said:
supercity88 said:
cibaman said:
It's really intriguing how both teams will approach this game. An early goal for us would put the cat among the pigeons. But I can't see us going for it too much, probably just play it as a "standard" counter attacking away game. If we do score they'll have to come at us. They might even decide that attacking us is their best option and forget about the 0-0, at least until late in the game.

I think Bayern would beat CSKA at least 8 times out of 10 and draw at least one of the other two. Even in a dead rubber for them. But a CSKA defeat isn't guaranteed. And it might not arrive until late in the game. Will City and Roma change tactics if CSKA are drawing in Munich after 70mins? Would we try to protect a scoring draw and hope for a Bayern win or go all out for the victory?

Hopefully Manuel will not be listening to the Italian version of Classic FM.

We won't give a seconds thought to the other game, we will try to beat Roma. Remember here that we are talking about an Italian team. They will not go for the win. They'll be compact, defensive and force us to break them down. Roma are through with a 0-0 draw depending on other results... but I think it will be them that look to counter. Why bother trying to beat us unless the situation alters in Munich.

I think Pellegrini will get things spot on. We have to score, so we won't go totally defensive. At the end of the day whether we are 0-0 or 1-0 down our brief remains the same, we have to score. Ideally we get the first goal and can then pick Roma off as they will then have to score twice and not concede. That should play into our hands.

I dont think we will be paying much attention to the CSKA game early on, but that might change late in the game. If we're 1-1 with 10 mins to go we will surely playing differently if CSKA are drawing or winning than if they are losing?

For an Italian team Roma dont strike me as being particularly strong defensively. I'm not sure that they will feel confident trying to defend against us for 90 mins. But it could be that the first half at least is a stalemate with neither team really going for it.

Yeah I know what you mean - hopefully Pellegrini doesn't forget what result we need this time!

I think it's safe to say we will try and win the game, I'm sure that if we play well we can win regardless of whether it is 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. It would seem sensible to pack the midfield considering how Roma managed to play when we played them at home. Though when we are on form the 4-4-2 is generally dominant anyway and we don't miss that extra man. You're correct though, if late on the CSKA result is tight, we may be forced into going for it. Ideally at half time both us and Bayern are winning 2-0, though it's unlikely for that to be the case, at least in our game!

supercity88 said:
cibaman said:
supercity88 said:

Yeah I know what you mean - hopefully Pellegrini doesn't forget what result we need this time!

I think it's safe to say we will try and win the game, I'm sure that if we play well we can win regardless of whether it is 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. It would seem sensible to pack the midfield considering how Roma managed to play when we played them at home. Though when we are on form the 4-4-2 is generally dominant anyway and we don't miss that extra man. You're correct though, if late on the CSKA result is tight, we may be forced into going for it. Ideally at half time both us and Bayern are winning 2-0, though it's unlikely for that to be the case, at least in our game!

Three in midfield is a must in my opinion mate, especially away from home in Rome.

Roma didn't play a striker against us at home as Garcia just had Totti playing as a false 9 which resulted in them having 4 or 5 players against our midfield two.

Put the grafters in midfield with a trio of Fernando, Fernandinho and Milner, that's what I would go for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.