We don´t deserve Roberto

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sun Jihai's ghost said:
Agreed. Some people are still so far up Hughes arse that they cant bear to see Mancini do well.
The Hughes-Outers don't get it. Hughes has gone, whatever any of us who wanted him to be given to the end of the season think. The only thing we see is what's on the pitch now and that is utter and complete dross. A fluent, attacking team playing like a bunch of clueless statues, players not performing and nil entertainment value.

Yes we're currently 4th but we owe that position to three things:
1) We had a "new manager bounce" for a few games. We even had that under Pearce, the very definition of cluelessness.
2) We haven't played a team above 12th place under Mancini.
3) The teams around us dropping points. We picked up 16 out of 24 under Mancini whereas Spurs picked up 10/24 and Villa 9/21. If they'd been less inconsistent then we'd be well adrift in 6th.

Carry on like we have been and we'll be lucky to get a Europa Cup place let alone top 4.
absolutely spot on

C_T_I_D said:
What people see as his weaknesses, I see as his strengths to be honest. I'll give you a few examples (and probably cause more controversy!)

1) Dropping Ireland / Potentially wanting to sell him!

Good! I don't care how bloody creative the player is, if he is not in good form and not playing consistently well then good on you for dropping him. Yes we all seem to love him but how far does that stretch if all he does is misplace passes and run round for 90 minutes? If Mancini does not rate him and wishes to replace him, then regardless of how good the player is, if he's not doing the business then he needs to go. It's only the same as Robinho in terms of form and he's one of the most talented players I've seen!

2) Making us "boring".

Yes it's dull as bloody anything for a lot of it but the patience and build up play is brilliant in my books. The defence looks a lot better for this and once we learn to attack in terms of breaking fast then we should only go onwards and upwards.

(I'll stop at that)

In my opinion he has guts and isn't afraid of changing things or making decisions. It's a great feather to have in your cap and it should serve us well in the future. Yes, he'll make mistakes, but he has to experience the league to learn from his mistakes and make us stronger in the long run. I'm 100% behind Mancini personally. Give him 18 months and then make the comparison with Hughes. I make the prediction that there won't be one to make!

Great post. That´s the thing with Mancini. We may not be playing great under him. We weren´t with Hughes. The difference is I can be confident in the future because he has done it before. And I agree he is learning too. Unlike Hughes who had been in the english game as player and manager for decades.

C_T_I_D said:
What people see as his weaknesses, I see as his strengths to be honest. I'll give you a few examples (and probably cause more controversy!)

1) Dropping Ireland / Potentially wanting to sell him!

Good! I don't care how bloody creative the player is, if he is not in good form and not playing consistently well then good on you for dropping him. Yes we all seem to love him but how far does that stretch if all he does is misplace passes and run round for 90 minutes? If Mancini does not rate him and wishes to replace him, then regardless of how good the player is, if he's not doing the business then he needs to go. It's only the same as Robinho in terms of form and he's one of the most talented players I've seen!

2) Making us "boring".

Yes it's dull as bloody anything for a lot of it but the patience and build up play is brilliant in my books. The defence looks a lot better for this and once we learn to attack in terms of breaking fast then we should only go onwards and upwards.

(I'll stop at that)

In my opinion he has guts and isn't afraid of changing things or making decisions. It's a great feather to have in your cap and it should serve us well in the future. Yes, he'll make mistakes, but he has to experience the league to learn from his mistakes and make us stronger in the long run. I'm 100% behind Mancini personally. Give him 18 months and then make the comparison with Hughes. I make the prediction that there won't be one to make!

absolutely spot on!

Marvin said:
de niro said:
he is a good manager but he can't have it both ways.

1, he has been following and learning all about the english game.
2, he's italian and wants to play that way.

i assume he's been lined up at city for a while, the speed of his appointment tell us that, if so why did he not have in place a detailed list of targets for january to impliment whatever style he was to use? rather than wait till the last week of the window and risk wasting it completly.
so which is it?
happy with the squad he has and play the english way?
or
buy the players that can follow his complicated game plan?

there was never a chance our present players could follow his ramblings as he is trying to make them do at this moment in time.

p.s. our opponants are pissing themselves.
Complicated game plan? you mean because when a sub comes on he spends some time explaining who he has to mark?

Whatever next

he does take too long to put his subs on yes but i'm talking about the tactics from the off, our players are filled with magic before them come down the tunnel.
as i said the other day, trouble at mill.

robbieh said:
Some of us that is.

What do Royle, Keegan, Pearce, Ball, Machin, Clarke, Bond, Hughes, Frizell,Benson, Reid, Coppell, McNeill, (do I need to go on?) have in common. OK amongst other things they have never won a league title in the big 4 countries. ie England, Italy, Spain and Germany. Either before coming to City or after leaving. This is the type of manager we have had to put up with for over 30 years.

Only Sven(Italy) and Howard Kendall (here) have.

So now we have a three time Seria A winner and people are slagging him off after 2 months. Un fucking believable. 2 months in which we have moved from 7th to 4th.

OK the football has not been pretty. But by and large it has been effective. He has added two players, one on loan.

Those of you suggesting Bellamy should be supported over the manager should get a grip. This is a guy, who while he trys hard on the pitch and has undoubted ability, is never far from controversy off it. Result won nowt and been moving from club to club for over a decade.

I gave Hughes way more than 2 months benefit of the doubt and he had an empty CV. Please could some of you extend the same courtesy to a man who has won more league titles than our previous 20 combined. And he is still only 45 years old.

Cheers Roberto!

mancityscot said:
the premier league is a whole different playing field to the seria A. for one i think italian football is garbage most of the time. it is a huge contrast in football and his tactics aren't suited to be used here. however i'm not doubting his ability at all

Just don't forget you never been so strong as national team, and probably you are for the first time in 20 years a strong candidate for winning the world cup. Where's the manager from???

look,after sacking Hughes (he deserved to be sacked) City is playing very ugly.we were always playing attacking football and now hole team is in defence and result isn't very good. (we lost against Everton,Hull and we played 2 draws against Stoke.Well many criticize
d Morinho because he wasn't playing attacking football at Chelsea,but at list he had a result!

and Mancini doesn't play attacking football and he even isn't as successful as Morinho was!

verdict:Manchini must go!

Pita said:
mancityscot said:
the premier league is a whole different playing field to the seria A. for one i think italian football is garbage most of the time. it is a huge contrast in football and his tactics aren't suited to be used here. however i'm not doubting his ability at all

Just don't forget you never been so strong as national team, and probably you are for the first time in 20 years a strong candidate for winning the world cup. Where's the manager from???

Very good point well made

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.