We WILL win the league next season.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
babua_blue said:
Wid the grand old rag retiring..i think this is our best shot on title as chelsea is the only competitor and mou has this history of not getting the best results in his first season usually.so while mou n moyes try to settle this yr and arsene feeds his babies , lets queitly steal the title..

Jose has won the title in his first season every year baring one if I'm not mistaken....... The differences this year are the competitive teams in and around the usual suspects and a squad which if utilised correctly will be a juggernaut!!!

Lost 2 out of 3 seasons with Real Madrid against that Barcelona side. Just need to make sure we're that good. We only play each other twice, just like Barcelona, we have to make sure we thoroughly smash the rest of the league. Two derby wins included.

Re: We WILL win the league next season

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Agree, personally I think we'll take some stopping, unless Chelsea sign a top level striker we'll do it by a good margin!!!
All season undefeated and throw in the fA cup, champions league will be more difficult, onwards and upwards

NipHolmes said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
NipHolmes said:
Bold call but I am certain of it.

Under Txiki and Pellegrini we now have a more balanced side and I expect players to start playing the way they did in the tail end of 2011.

Nasri and Silva played in their best positions through the middle. A top level holding player instead of a good but ageing Barry. Hopefully Rodwell can make his worth felt too.

Formations likely to be
4-3-3
-------------------------Hart--------------------------
Zabaleta--------Kompany----Nastasic-------------Clichy
----------------------Fernandinho----------------------
--------------------Yaya----Silva----------------------
Navas-------------------------------------------Jovetic
-------------------------Aguero------------------------

4-2-2-2
-------------------------Hart--------------------------
Zabaleta--------Kompany----Nastasic-------------Clichy
-------------------Yaya---Fernandinho-----------------
---------Jovetic----------------------Silva-------------
-----------------Negredo------Ageuro------------------

Milner, Nasri, Barry, Lescott, Dzeko and Micah will all be vital to us throughout the season and I cannot help but feel Pellegrini's calmness and experience will guide us through turbulence whilst we remain successful.

I can't wait for 2013/14 to kick off.

man-city_2219523b.jpg

Just you wait and see ;)

My glass is always far too half empty to predict a City title win, but this season.......is no exception! To borrow from Manuel's very own book, I think there's too many pianists and not enough violin players. Of the 10 or so attacking midfielders and forwards, we are almost entirely reliant on just one for pace and width (and he hasn't kicked a ball for us yet), there are no 'natural' left sided midfielders in the squad with an associated shortcoming at left back, and at centre back we are injury to Kompany, which is not an uncommon eventuality, away from a very ponderous looking combo of Garcia plus either one of Lescott or Nasty.

Some great players in the squad unquestionably, but I'm not convinced there's sufficient balance and pace in there yet for us to play at a significantly higher tempo (which we need to) than we did last season, and overcome the issues we had last year with the high pressers and the bus parkers. If everyone stays fit, then we'll certainly be in the mix, but at the moment the enduring fitness of Aguero, Kompany and Navas holds the key........... Dons tin hat and steps away from the keyboard

I had hoped we would pursue Arda Turan. He is imo the most underrated top player in Europe.

Him on the left would have been a big bonus for us.

Glass is quarter full for me. If we sold Sinclair, Garcia and Kolarov I'd be full glass. I'd even go for Baines and use him as a left winger if possible. People think that would be outrageous but you only have too look at Bale to see improvements when an attacking talent advances up the pitch. His deliveries are tidy, his set pieces wonderful and workrate one of the best. Him and Clichy on the left flank would work well.

Good call, but until we do sign cover for that left side (and preferably someone like shit off a shovel), and a top drawer centre half, I think we'll finish shy of the rags and Chelsea

jake28 said:
Rags and Chelsea will occupy the top 2 not sure in what order. We will finish 3rd in my opinion.

I can't see the rags getting higher than 3rd unless they sign Tranny or Iniesta or something else ridiculous.

People might remember that the Rags were garbage last season, bailed out by RVP god knows how often. And <gritted teeth mode on> they had the best manager the league has ever seen. This season, RVP is due his usual injuries - long overdue in fact. Bacon chops is gone and Giggs' Zimmer frame a year older.

I could see them finishing 4th or worse. How I would love that. I wouldn't bet against the evil bastard that is Ferguson actually choosing Moyes because he knows he is shite and he doesn't want anyone decent taking over and making SAF look a bit crap.

Any side finishing above Chelsea will win it IMHO. I just thank God they didn't get Falcao or we could have just given it them.

NipHolmes said:
Bold call but I am certain of it.

Under Txiki and Pellegrini we now have a more balanced side

There is no way of knowing this yet.

Last season the problem was putting away the chances that were created - we lost or drew games that with better finishing we would have won.

You can call the team more balanced if it scores more goals and wins more games. Then I'll believe you.

Given Newcastle an absolute tonking and still got Richards, Nastasic and Jovetic to enter the fold. A CB short but by end of the window a very tidy squad up there with anyone in Europe.

We shall fight them at the bridge,
We shall fight them at the swamp
We shall fight till the end,
We shall never surrender,
We will win the league,
We are City!

I am REALLY looking forward to the rags v chelsea match next week. Hopefully we will have had another nice win then we can sit back and try and work out who our biggest threat is. I still think this season is going to be close and can't see any of the top teams running away with it. Hopefully I'm proved wrong and we have it in the bag by Christmas though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.