Welbeck vs Balotelli

Damocles said:
Skashion said:
nashark is the one who doesn't look intelligent here by citing Mourinho. It's clear to see that Mourinho was not complaining about his footballing intelligence but more his emotional intelligence. The example he points to was that he was 'static' against Barcelona; so clearly Mourinho was complaining about his lack of pace then. Or was it that Balotelli's head wasn't in the right place and so couldn't be arsed. The second is a legitimate concern and one most people had when coming here, and many still have. It was hoped Mancini, with the relationship he shares with Mario, would help him mature - on the field at least. I think there are some signs that's going on. In terms of footballing intelligence, I think he's got it in abundance; intelligent runs (and the pace to make them work), finding and creating space, awareness of where the goal and his teammates are without looking; making keepers commit before placing a penalty.

Im guessing that you are hungover and havent clicked that nashark, as usual, is on the WUM.

In this instance I'm not entirely sure that he is.

I very much like nashark, he's one of my favourite posters, but imo he's painted himself into a corner with regards to his views on Balotelli the footballer (rather than the person).

He is normally pretty spot on when it comes to his judgment of players, imo, and he's entitled to form whatever view he wants about players, but I strongly suspect that with regards to Mario, he is also allowing his own personal dislike to colour his views on Mario the player.

This question has around the same comical value as the Kinkladze v Silva thread.

Wellbeck will have a perfectly adequate career as a run of the mill, average to good Premier League striker. Like Agbonlahor or possibly, if he puts his mind to it, on a par with Defoe.

Balotelli will be one of the top three strikers in the world in the next four years. He's got all the qualities required to achieve that, and now he starting to apply himself properly on the pitch, the results are there for all to see.

Or at least those that want to.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Damocles said:
Skashion said:
nashark is the one who doesn't look intelligent here by citing Mourinho. It's clear to see that Mourinho was not complaining about his footballing intelligence but more his emotional intelligence. The example he points to was that he was 'static' against Barcelona; so clearly Mourinho was complaining about his lack of pace then. Or was it that Balotelli's head wasn't in the right place and so couldn't be arsed. The second is a legitimate concern and one most people had when coming here, and many still have. It was hoped Mancini, with the relationship he shares with Mario, would help him mature - on the field at least. I think there are some signs that's going on. In terms of footballing intelligence, I think he's got it in abundance; intelligent runs (and the pace to make them work), finding and creating space, awareness of where the goal and his teammates are without looking; making keepers commit before placing a penalty.

Im guessing that you are hungover and havent clicked that nashark, as usual, is on the WUM.

In this instance I'm not entirely sure that he is.

I very much like nashark, he's one of my favourite posters, but imo he's painted himself into a corner with regards to his views on Balotelli the footballer (rather than the person).

He is normally pretty spot on when it comes to his judgment of players, imo, and he's entitled to form whatever view he wants about players, but I strongly suspect that with regards to Mario, he is also allowing his own personal dislike to colour his views on Mario the player.

This question has around the same comical value as the Kinkladze v Silva thread.

Wellbeck will have a perfectly adequate career as a run of the mill, average to good Premier League striker. Like Agbonlahor or possibly, if he puts his mind to it, on a par with Defoe.

Balotelli will be one of the top three strikers in the world in the next four years. He's got all the qualities required to achieve that, and now he starting to apply himself properly on the pitch, the results are there for all to see.

Or at least those that want to.

Hungover and first read that as "letting his personal dislike of his colour....."

I thought "'kinell GDM, that's a helll of a statement!"

LoveCity said:
Welbeck - 3 goals in 9 league games, 5 goals in 12 total games
Balotelli - 5 goals in 5 league games, 7 goals in 8 total games

There is no comparison, Balotelli is miles and miles ahead of Welbeck who can't even hold the ball up properly.

I like Welbeck ( for a Red ) but on Footballing terms, Mario's head & shoulders above him..

Mario i pray, gets his focus solely on us as if he did that, we'd have a bargain on our hands with a Player that " could " be one of the best in the World.

Kun>Messi said:
Mario is centuries ahead of Welbeck, only that Danny is worth every penny, he cost nothing.

that would be true IF the youth system did cost nothing.

all the top clubs youth system have a circa 10 M per year budget

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.