Welcome Matheus Nunes | Signing confirmed on a five-year deal

A lot of the Portuguese speak very good English. There’s a sizeable Portuguese community in Wythenshawe and spoke to a number of them… although I know Nunes is actually from Brazil!

And they speak with the correct inflections at the end of sentences.

My wife is Portuguese and her English is better than mine. She’s forever correcting my grammar. They learn it from a very young age.

Sneaky suspicion he will be high up the assists charts this season.
He’s only got 13 assists in his entire 185-game career so far, and even fewer goals. That side of the game is not really his game. He’s more of a centre-mid runner. Reading opposition moves, intercepting the ball before teams breakaway, dribbling, running with the ball into space… he’s very much like Kovačić.

The good thing about Nunes is that he’ll be reliable to be picked, like Sterling and Mahrez always were. He’s only had one small shoulder injury where he missed just three games (last season) in his career and he’s never missed another game through injury. He played in 36 of Wolves’ 38 games last season.

Comes across very well in his interview.
I like a player who says he enjoys running a lot.
I recall him being everywhere on the pitch when he was at Sporting and I will bet he will be a monster at the pressing game.
I genuinely think he will be a fabulous signing for us once Pep gets him up to speed.
Welcome to God’s club lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.