Welcome Ruben Dias!

Don't know who TPTB are but do they take things way too seriously too?
The powers that be. I dont know who is in charge of certain things at City. But it has taken the shine off the signing and gives opportunity for people to say we signed the wrong player, a variation on the old 'he thought he was signing for United'.
You take it lightly, laugh it off even and share the same sense of humour as those down the M62 who are having a good snigger at us again.

The powers that be. I dont know who is in charge of certain things at City. But it has taken the shine off the signing and gives opportunity for people to say we signed the wrong player, a variation on the old 'he thought he was signing for United'.
You take it lightly, laugh it off even and share the same sense of humour as those down the M62 who are having a good snigger at us again.
It hasn’t taken the shine off for me.
It’s funny and one of those typical city moments that reminds you that some of the people working at the club are just as they used to be.

Taken the shine off the signing, really? Only if you're more worried about people having a laugh and a joke about it than seeing if he makes us better. Sorry for having a sense of humour and not caring about it.

Mate, you seriously need to lighten up. It can't be good for your health.

I don't know how old you are but I can't imagine you would have survived this long if you were around in the 80's and 90's. We were the butt of everyones jokes and we laughed at ourselves more than anyone laughed at us.

It's been really notable how quiet City are compared to some other teams we've played due to the no fans thing. Schmeichel was barking orders like a mad man for Leicester. City really don't seem to have any naturals at doing that at all at the moment. Dias is quite clearly that kind of person. We need it. Walker is vocal, but not a natural leader. Garcia and Ake don't strike me as Vinny's, more of a calm approach to the game. Same for Ferna and Rodri tbh. They're not aggressive gobshites, and you do need a bit of that. There is basically no one like that at the moment in our team.

Dias genuinely actually is. Perhaps it's a bigger need than we realise? Bernardo's form didn't notably drop for Portugal according to reports (someone correct me on that if you want) and I wonder if there's a correlation? I can't stand Ronaldo, but he's an absolute born winner. Dias has a big mentality too. I wonder if being around these kind of players gets Bernardo going? Playing alongside Kompany in the title run in and the big Liverpool game defo got him motivated, put it that way. He clearly has a bit of an edge, but I reckon it needs to be brought out by others around him. Can Dias bring a bit of that to us? We've lost that since Vinnie, and don't laugh, even Delph to be honest.

We need someone willing to go 'we were fucking shit, buck up your ideas' in the dressing room. Not do what Rodri did the other day and go 'wah Leicester defended' and moan about it. It could even help Pep to have someone with that spark there. Pep clearly is in a bit of a personal slump. A born winner/vocal presence could motivate him too? Now I know all that seems a big ask, but don't underestimate just how much of an effect having a proper captain type can have on a team in big games and in terms of focus. IF, and it's a big *if*, this goes well it could turn out to be a hugely important signing. We've signed captain material for once, not a steady composed player. Fingers crossed hey...
I agree about Delph

Mate, you seriously need to lighten up. It can't be good for your health.

I don't know how old you are but I can't imagine you would have survived this long if you were around in the 80's and 90's. We were the butt of everyones jokes and we laughed at ourselves more than anyone laughed at us.
Going off on the conspiracy theory angle, is it possible that this wasn't a 'stupid mistake' and was actually done on purpose by a club employee who is not a fan of the club ? Should it be laughed off as funny error or are there rogue elements at work within the club ?

It is completely stupid. You can bet TPTB are not as tolerant as you.
Can you imagine either the rags or dippers making such an error? Not in a million years.
Perhaps Liverpool didnt hack us at all, it was the same dozy **** who sent all the scouting details in error

Can I imagine other clubs making mistakes? Well yes, as they have staff not automatons. Let me know when you find an organisation with staff who do not make mistakes.

I don't believe that a web editor will be involved in the scouting system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.