Well done Aleks...

kiam06 said:
Got to be a wind up this one.

Kolorov was constantly out of position yesterday and misplaced about 80% of his passes Clichy is on another planet.
Yes. I don't know what the question is but I sure as hell know the answer is and never has been Kolorov. But I also have never boooed a player wearing our shirt.

kiam06 said:
Got to be a wind up this one.

Clichy is on another planet.

You are right , the planet of no end product.

Neat and tidy , yes .

Better than Kolarov , Yes.

Just for the record , once more :-

City career stats

Clichy 0 goals 5 assists

Kolarov 11 goals 11 assists

Rotate the fullbacks against the lesser teams.

Not hard is it.

Just happy to be here says Kola

Aleksandar Kolarov: I’m up for the fight

ALEKSANDAR KOLAROV will use the next few frantic weeks to fight for his first-team ­future at Manchester City.

By Ralph Ellis/Published 12th September 2013

The 27-year-old admits he doesn’t know where he figures in boss Manuel Pellegrini’s plans – even though City turned down a ­summer bid from Juventus. Kolarov, who started just 11 ­Premier League games under ­Roberto Mancini last season, says it’s down to him to show why he should play more often.

He said: “There was a lot in the papers about Juventus but I never said I wanted to go. I have always said I was happy at City.
“There was a lot in the papers about Juventus but I never said I wanted to go”

“My only focus is to work hard in training and when I get the chance to play, to prove to the manager what I can do. The new manager has made some changes in the way we ­defend. We are working a lot on it and I feel we are improving.

“I hope that means more chances for me. We have about 24 days until the next break with the national team. In that time there are seven matches, so there will be opportunities. We have to take them.”

Serbian Kolarov bagged a 25-yard strike in the 3-0 win over Wales and believes that will help him ­return to City full of confidence.

He said: “We are still getting used to the new coach, trying to understand him, but we can do much better than last season.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/338141/Aleksandar-Kolarov-I-m-up-for-the-fight" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... -the-fight</a>

Kolarov is better than Clichy, just try really watching Clichy next time, gets turned inside out by average players, never wins a header and can't cross a ball - not the player we signed from Arsenal that's for sure but maybe Pellegrini can sort that out.

Brendan110_0 said:
Kolarov is better than Clichy, just try really watching Clichy next time, gets turned inside out by average players, never wins a header and can't cross a ball - not the player we signed from Arsenal that's for sure but maybe Pellegrini can sort that out.

What about the positives in Clichy's game. Brilliant at stealing possession, closing down so attacks down his side are stopped before they even begin, cutting out crossfield balls, has a great engine, capable of getting up and down the line constantly for 90 minutes. He is a far superior defender and team player than Kolarov which is needed given our left full gets no protection for the last few seasons.

I agree with the consensus that rotation is key as attacking full back is one of the most physically demanding positions, just don't want to see Kolarov against anyone decent, disaster waiting to happen.

Clichy is definitely going through a mystifying bad spell
Kolarov stepped up well,but defending is paramount and Clichy in form pips him there
Kolarov is useful back up left midfield might even be okay centre mid

Rolee said:
Brendan110_0 said:

What about the positives in Clichy's game. Brilliant at stealing possession, closing down so attacks down his side are stopped before they even begin, cutting out crossfield balls, has a great engine, capable of getting up and down the line constantly for 90 minutes. He is a far superior defender and team player than Kolarov which is needed given our left full gets no protection for the last few seasons.

I agree with the consensus that rotation is key as attacking full back is one of the most physically demanding positions, just don't want to see Kolarov against anyone decent, disaster waiting to happen.

Clichy is the more consistent defender. However, disaster waiting to happen is a bit strong and I seem to recall that Aleks had a good game vs the Rags at Wembley in the semi final.

The year we won it we rotated the fullbacks for 2/3rds of the season and it

worked a treat. The modern day fullback is the key to a lot of tight games and

we have 2 solid defenders and two good attacking options.

Long term , we can improve on all 4 players if we wish to compete with

Europe's elite.

Brendan110_0 said:

Arsene Wenger is a weird manager in many ways, but he sure knows a thing or two about how to get the best out of players and what to look for in a player. When he sells a player, buyers would do well to think on why he's happy to sell.

A lot of my tarquin mates were not too bothered when Clichy went & some of them likewise with Nasri and Kolo. I don't think any of those players have been outstanding for us, do you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.