Well done Aleks...

Chippy_boy said:
Brendan110_0 said:
Kolarov is better than Clichy, just try really watching Clichy next time, gets turned inside out by average players, never wins a header and can't cross a ball - not the player we signed from Arsenal that's for sure but maybe Pellegrini can sort that out.

Arsene Wenger is a weird manager in many ways, but he sure knows a thing or two about how to get the best out of players and what to look for in a player. When he sells a player, buyers would do well to think on why he's happy to sell.

A lot of my tarquin mates were not too bothered when Clichy went & some of them likewise with Nasri and Kolo. I don't think any of those players have been outstanding for us, do you?

Arsene Wenger was also quoted recently saying that he didn't go after Bale when he was younger because he had Clichy.

Clichy's first season with us he was excellent. He seemed to drift in and out of form last season but he's easily in the top 5 left backs in the league and better than anything Arsenal have.

Chippy_boy said:
Brendan110_0 said:
Kolarov is better than Clichy, just try really watching Clichy next time, gets turned inside out by average players, never wins a header and can't cross a ball - not the player we signed from Arsenal that's for sure but maybe Pellegrini can sort that out.

Arsene Wenger is a weird manager in many ways, but he sure knows a thing or two about how to get the best out of players and what to look for in a player. When he sells a player, buyers would do well to think on why he's happy to sell.

A lot of my tarquin mates were not too bothered when Clichy went & some of them likewise with Nasri and Kolo. I don't think any of those players have been outstanding for us, do you?
The tarquins and Wenger both talk absolute hypocritical shit and he like every other manager has also signed many a many crap player !

Clichy is the best left back we've had in recent times,there are few i would put ahead of him.

Like Hart he is finding things a little more difficult presently,however,make no mistake,although he has his weaknesses,he's top class.

I feel far more confident when he's in our side.

Gonna post on my old thread if you don't mind , not that I am gloating of course but

excellent again yesterday with a superb assist.

If we recognise his improvement and get off his back he will come on even more.

I spend a lot of time in an around Malaga and they love Pellegrini for the way he got the most out of all the players including players who were not the most favoured.

Dzeko , Kolarov and Nasri so far.....

happy days

Rotate the fullbacks

He's decent going forward but he is a liability doing his main job which is defending. He got skinned about 5 times yesterday and just can't keep up with even the slowest wingers. That wouldn't be a problem if he positioned himself correctly but he doesn't so always gets in trouble. Kompany had to deal with so many crosses from his side yesterday. I still don't think him putting in the odd good cross or free kick is enough to start him in games.

Kolarov's always had an excellent goal/assist record for a left-back, I really don't know why some people are talking like they've seen him clearly for the first time yesterday. I posted the stats a while ago:

Silva
12/13: 37 starts, 5 goals, 11 assists
11/12: 47 starts, 8 goals, 19 assists
10/11: 43 starts, 6 goals, 13 assists
TOTAL: 127 starts, 19 goals, 43 assists
= 1.95 starts per goal/assist (last two seasons)
= 2.04 starts per goal/assist (City career)

Kolarov
12/13: 17 starts, 4 goals, 3 assists
11/12: 21 starts, 4 goals, 6 assists
10/11: 31 starts, 3 goals, 2 assists
TOTAL: 69 starts, 11 goals, 11 assists
= 2.23 starts per goal/assist (last two seasons)
= 3.13 starts per goal/assist (City career)

Clichy
12/13: 33 starts, 2 assists
11/12: 37 starts, 4 assists
TOTAL: 70 starts, 6 assists
= 11.67 starts per goal/assist (last two seasons/City career)

He's always been effective going forward, it didn't start yesterday...

Skashion said:
Kolarov's always had an excellent goal/assist record for a left-back, I really don't know why some people are talking like they've seen him clearly for the first time yesterday. I posted the stats a while ago:

Silva
12/13: 37 starts, 5 goals, 11 assists
11/12: 47 starts, 8 goals, 19 assists
10/11: 43 starts, 6 goals, 13 assists
TOTAL: 127 starts, 19 goals, 43 assists
= 1.95 starts per goal/assist (last two seasons)
= 2.04 starts per goal/assist (City career)

Kolarov
12/13: 17 starts, 4 goals, 3 assists
11/12: 21 starts, 4 goals, 6 assists
10/11: 31 starts, 3 goals, 2 assists
TOTAL: 69 starts, 11 goals, 11 assists
= 2.23 starts per goal/assist (last two seasons)
= 3.13 starts per goal/assist (City career)

Clichy
12/13: 33 starts, 2 assists
11/12: 37 starts, 4 assists
TOTAL: 70 starts, 6 assists
= 11.67 starts per goal/assist (last two seasons/City career)

He's always been effective going forward, it didn't start yesterday...

I quoted your stat's fella earlier in my thread.

Fullback rotation is what I would like , it keeps things fresh in a very important and physically demanding position.
We carry 4 capable fullbacks all capable in different ways.

We need to use Kolarov's left peg more effectively though , starting with inswinging corners now and again.

in both left backs we cover most things teams can throw at us ive never understood the abuse he gets on here in saying that i hope clichy is fit for the bayern match because i hear they have one or two nippy wingers

sir peace frog said:
in both left backs we cover most things teams can throw at us ive never understood the abuse he gets on here in saying that i hope clichy is fit for the bayern match because i hear they have one or two nippy wingers

I like Kolorov but he did get skinned a few times yesterday but i have always thought the number of assists, width and goals he gets outweigh the negatives.

Particularly for home games he offers something offensively Clichy cannot and similarly in a number of games we will require Clichys pace and superior defensive attributes. He is a great option in many instances and that is the beauty about having a decent squad of players.

I thought Kolarov was very good yesterday . Yes he nearly got caught out in the 1st minute . But he made up for that by setting up Sergio for that 1st goal . Take a bow Aleks you were very good yesterday .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.