Well done Aleks...

Another excellent performance, and I would imagine Naismith will have to be smuggled onto their coach in the kit basket.

Blankomania said:
Played well AGAIN! I don't know how many times he has to play well to win some of you over...

It was interesting to see the stark difference between the Kolarov and Clichy going forward - Kolarov looked a real threat and played in some great crosses (where were Aguero and Negredo?), but when Clichy came on he pretty much always pulled the ball back rather than getting around the back of their defence and allowed Everton to reorganize.

To answer your question, he'll never win over some people.

Wooooohooooo I'm back in the UK for good which means I'm ready to post regularly and it starts here; let me hit you with the first dosage of truth - hate to say I told you so but Clichy is dire, not good enough offensively or defensively for this side. Despite Kolarov's defensive fragility, he's a huge threat in the opponent's third and he has a proper relationship with the left interior, whether it's Nasri or Silva. Kolarov should be first choice on merit, but it's a position that needs to be addressed in the summer. Felipe Luis maybe?

herrock said:
Kolarov is now our best left back, never thought i'd say it!

Easily to be honest. If you want to stop our attacks down the left with Clichy playing, just make sure you get us to pass it to him. He'll do nothing with it. Kolarov is a different prospect entirely, you can't just leave him space to smack in crosses or shots.

Would still like to see a LB in the summer who can do everything though.

Joburg Hero said:
Wooooohooooo I'm back in the UK for good which means I'm ready to post regularly and it starts here; let me hit you with the first dosage of truth - hate to say I told you so but Clichy is dire, not good enough offensively or defensively for this side. Despite Kolarov's defensive fragility, he's a huge threat in the opponent's third and he has a proper relationship with the left interior, whether it's Nasri or Silva. Kolarov should be first choice on merit, but it's a position that needs to be addressed in the summer. Felipe Luis maybe?

His defensive work was top notch today. Bit of a boring myth the 'can't defend' bollocks.

Clichy has three brilliant aspects to his game; the ability to press intelligently, reactive pace and unreal stamina. He generally uses none of these attributes during a game. Doesn't press as well as he used to, he's easily beaten/fooled by average wide players and because he doesn't press or attack well enough we rarely see enough of his stamina.

Someone needs to do a GIF of him raging whilst bloodied up. Such a no nonsense character.

Great start to the season from him. There is a clear difference between him now and last season.

cccc said:
Someone needs to do a GIF of him raging whilst bloodied up. Such a no nonsense character.

Great start to the season from him. There is a clear difference between him now and last season.

I bet Naysmith was hiding after the game lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.