Well done Aleks...

Proelia said:
peter.evans said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Clichy has been proper excellent in his last five games. I'm a fan of Kolarov and even backed him when he was getting grief for telling those mards in the South Stand to "fuck off" last season. He is like a big brother, looks after everyone, not to be fucked with man within the squad - that's why he's been made captain a few times. And I think he's a fairly good full back. But Clichy is our first choice left back.

Clichy is a good player, but Kolarov has far the superior all round game, creates and scores goals and can defend well. Clichy cannot pass wind at times. He has played more than clichy and contributed far more than Clichy. Must be Pellers first choice.
Post is so wrong, kolorov is a horrid defender but quality going forward were as clichy is pritty solid defensively but poor going forward

Then play him as left winger and Clichy behind him. I heard that he could be gone in January. Zenit St. Petersburg seems to be very interested in him. And Juventus but it is a well known fact.

Horses for courses now with the left back spot, Kolarov when teams park the bus, Clichy if they're going to have a go.

Arguably our most underrated player, in my opinion.
He's a better defender than people give him credit for. he's not quick, so when up against a fast winger, he has to back off quite a bit and can look shit if he gets skinned. But his one-on-one defending has improved, his positional sense is decent, also having improved of late and he defends his back post very well. Going forward, he offers so much. I don't know his stats, but would suspect that his assists and goals per game are very impressive for a player of any position, never mind a full back.
He may very well leave in the next 12 months, and if he does, I'd wager he'll go to a Champions league club, which should probably tell us something about the regard in which he is held within the game.

Clichy offers so little going forward, and has made some howlers defensively this season. If it wasn't for his pace he would be average. Despite Kolarov having a better season than him he is still being slated - though must be said not as much.

Btw - what a ridiculous strike that was on training. Looks fast in slow motion.

I don't believe Fulham pose much of a threat on the wings, so he should get the nod over Clichy today for me.

Baka Sliskovic said:
Proelia said:
peter.evans said:
Clichy is a good player, but Kolarov has far the superior all round game, creates and scores goals and can defend well. Clichy cannot pass wind at times. He has played more than clichy and contributed far more than Clichy. Must be Pellers first choice.
Post is so wrong, kolorov is a horrid defender but quality going forward were as clichy is pritty solid defensively but poor going forward

Then play him as left winger and Clichy behind him. I heard that he could be gone in January. Zenit St. Petersburg seems to be very interested in him. And Juventus but it is a well known fact.

I think Mancini did that last year or the year before part way through a match we were losing. We had Kolorov and Clichy on the left and Micha and Zaba on the right. It worked out really really well and we won that match. I don't know why we've never tried it since but it honest to god worked out brilliantly on both sides of the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.