Well done spurs!

Over the season Spurs deserved it. I don't especially like them but I wish them luck in the CL and congratulate them on getting into it.

On the night, and over the season to be honest, you cant say we have deserved it over spurs. I couldn't have said this last night but i think the better team over the season got what they deserved, and good luck to them

Thought I'd be gutted this morning after last night but I'm not, all credit to Spurs Twitcher got it right last night, defensively they were excellent. The better team won, our best player last night was Fulop which says it all really.

Really hope Bobby gets a full season though. We probably wont get the big names that may have come had we champions league football but we will strengthen in the summer and be even better next year.

Spurs were very organised last night and we showed nothing creative through the middle. Seriously need to address this come the summer.

As an Irish blue I will now turn my attention to supporting England in the WC this yr and Holland and Argentina and Paraguay and The Ivory Coast but definitely not France (cheating bastards)...........mostly England though!

Spurs deserved it and last night was the final proof that Hansen was correct. It was domination from start to finish with City barely having a clear cut chance all day. In contrast, Crouch should have scored 2 more than he got, King's goal could have been given and Bale missed an absolute sitter as well. It could and should, have been at least 3 nil to Spurs again. The reality is that all over the field Tottenham are superior to City right now. Prior to the match we had people saying that Spurs would take the likes of Kompany and RSC from City. I hope after seeing Spurs' defence last night and Kompany's attempted defending that people can see why Tottenham are so much stronger than City and would not be interested in an average centre half like Kompany. The only real top class at City right now is Tevez and he was marked out of the game comfortably as well by Dawson/King.

Lets recall that Wolves have taken 6 points from Spurs, Stoke won at the Lane, we blew a 2 goal lead at Everton with 10 minutes left and drew at home Hull. The reality is that the race for 4th shouldn't have even come down to this match. Spurs should be much further ahead of a side like City.

yup credit where its due, they pissed on us at shite hart lane then played really well last night and fully deserved to win , they are a good team and in modric and bale they have 2 class players, i for one hope they do well in champs league , just wish our turn would come

Timperley_blue said:
We were outclassed from start to finish in all areas of the pitch.
Not so sure about that, I thought that first half we played well and deserved to go in at the break ahead. Unfortnately the second half was a different story, Spur's upped their game and credit where it is due, they deserved the 3 points we simply could not match them secong half and the better team won.

As the leading says Well done Spurs

This might already have been said.

A few weeks ago we were predicting where the clubs that were competing for fourth spot would finish.
When I viewed Spurs upcoming fixtures, which included Chelsea and Arse at home and us and the rags away, I really didn't see them as competition.
To win three out of those four is an achievement in itself and shows that they are a bloody good side.

Eggsy said:
Timperley_blue said:
We were outclassed from start to finish in all areas of the pitch.
Not so sure about that, I thought that first half we played well and deserved to go in at the break ahead. Unfortnately the second half was a different story, Spur's upped their game and credit where it is due, they deserved the 3 points we simply could not match them secong half and the better team won.

Is that after Spurs had a goal disallowed, Crouch hit the bar and Bale missed a sitter on his left foot from all of 7 yards out in front of goal ? Whilst City had all of one shot on target ?

Utter nonsense.

Saint Scott said:
Eggsy said:

Is that after Spurs had a goal disallowed, Crouch hit the bar and Bale missed a sitter on his left foot from all of 7 yards out in front of goal ? Whilst City had all of one shot on target ?

Utter nonsense.

can't count the dissallowed goal as it was a foul plain and simple
there quite a few last gasp tackles in first half in the spurs area
i can remember at least two great gomez saves
it was an even first half 50/50, spurs had the second half as we tired

so not utter nonsense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.