were not all mancs

Great thread.

Im 21years old and have lived here in Kent most of my life. Unfortunately, met very few other City fans in the area. And as the only real 'local' team Kent has to offer is Gillingham, I spent my school life surrounded by Arsenal, Chelsea, and predictably, United fans.

BUT, with my dad's family originating from Manchester, he supports City. And so does my Grandad. And so did his dad. And so on. We try to go to as many away games in London as possible, plus any home games we can when we're up visiting the relatives. And I think my dad will be going a fair bit more now that he's just won a competition for a free season ticket!

One of the highlights of being a southern City fan I've got to say, was discovering the City Pride pub in Farringdon for the game against Spurs, at the end of last season. Despite the result being heart-breaking, I was amazed at the amount of Blues in a London pub, and I only wish I'd discovered it sooner!

I'd hate to think that where I live means to some, that I am less loyal to the club than those born and bred in Manchester. We are all part of the same club......and i absolutely love it!

kalouk said:
Compared to most on here I am a Newbie. I am in Cardiff and can guarantee I have the most pathetic reason for beginning to support city. When my son was about 6 and getting into football he started supporting Chelsea and wanted me to pick a team to support, city were on t.v and I said, I'll have them. I watched the next few games to humour my son and have been obsessed ever since. I have failed as a mother though, son still supports Chelsea!

Is adoption a viable option

love these threads affirming city's far-flung fan-base,just a pity when some other posters affirm we have a smattering of "only mancs can be blues" ,"band-wagon" fans are ruining the club etc.Their small-minded rants are not representative of the majority of blues, who welcome everyone who follows City.

I'm a Manchester Boy but most Blues I know who aren't local are either equally long suffering or have some kind of connection to the Club / City of Manchester. i.e Family.

It's inevitable that we'll pick up Fans from elsewhere when the Club moves forwards (overseas especially) but if everyone is in it for the right reasons then who cares?

awest said:
We run a minibus up from Plymouth for every home game. Been doing it now for decades. One of the lads sets off from lands end and we pick up throughout Devon on the way up. Some of the lads have Manchester ties but most of them are just mad and started supporting City for all sorts of wonderful reasons.

BLUE ARMY

Born in Bury so not a true manc been supporting City 36 yrs. Now live in Durham with all the Mackems, season ticket holder. Its suprising how many blues you see on the A1 on Matchday, sons a blue, daughters a blue,wifes a blue

those red\black european cup winners cup final shirts did it for me back in 1970. first game was with my dad and older brother in 1974, 2 nil home win against Liverpool. stayed over in the grand hotel and watched the highlights on motd. oh happy days !

am from dublin, i think the great thing about being a man city fan is that we are all so passionate about the club. hopefully the happy times are on the way back.

Great thread idea. I was thinking of making one of these myself earlier, but for foreign blues fans. Im from Slovenia (the country you guys knocked out of the WC, if you still remember us). My grandfather has been a Manchester City supporter all his life (grew up in Derry then moved to Newcastle looking for work, just to find that Mrs. Thatcher has already done her thing there so he moved to Germany from where he somehow managed to end up in what was then Yugoslavia). I have to admit I wasnt that much of a football fan before 2006 or so, when I started watching the prem and the scottish league, was more into hockey myself (pretty big sport here, probably on par with football stadium and club wise).

Anyway, what im trying to say is, Manchester City (aswell as Utd) are pretty popular here amongst the irish and english communities in the capital of Slovenia. We go down the pub every fixture and watch the matches there. The Utd fans obviously outnumber us by a fair bit, but that doesnt keep us from enjoying the City games.

I am yet to see CoMS from the inside (I actually driven past it once when I was visiting some family in Newcastle) but I consider myself a pretty big fan nontheless.

Just my 2c.

bellbuzzer said:
love these threads affirming city's far-flung fan-base,just a pity when some other posters affirm we have a smattering of "only mancs can be blues" ,"band-wagon" fans are ruining the club etc.Their small-minded rants are not representative of the majority of blues, who welcome everyone who follows City.

I don't come on here much any more but I don't recall the comments being only mancs can be blues it's more like true mancs are blues.

There are a lot of non-manc blues who have various reasons for supporting city however they are (currently) a minority albeit a welcome one (imo).

If you look at the likes of chelsea and them over the border they have a higher percentage of fans supporting the team because they win - not something you can accuse non-manc City fans of!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.