West Brom sold out

SWP's back said:
mancitytmdanttom said:
squirtyflower said:
That sir, is nonesense

You run your own supporters club then ????
You don't have to run one to know, only be a member of one.
Perhaps someone from an SC can settle this once and for all.

As I understand it Supporters clubs have to have their ticket requests in well before the criteria are published. I believe that's with names and supporter numbers. City then check the list and allocate them tickets based on some criteria but usually how many they think will have enough points. I don't know if these tickets are allocated to named individuals or not or they just send them.

What then happens (and someone on here has already said this) is that people who have enough points then go and get their tickets independently leaving a number of tickets to distribute to people who wouldn't have had enough. Now if they're on the list submitted and these are allocated against named tickets then I assume they would get the loyalty points but that may not be the case.

What no one knows is how this submission & allocation process works and if it's not transparent then people will ask questions.

liamctid said:
SWP's back said:
I really don't think it's anything to do with an increase in corporates.

So what do you think then?
I think more people with high points wanted to go. not rocket science look at our attendances all season, we saying corporates are to blame for the rise?

-- Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:22 am --

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
mancitytmdanttom said:

As I understand it Supporters clubs have to have their ticket requests in well before the criteria are published. I believe that's with names and supporter numbers. City then check the list and allocate them tickets based on some criteria but usually how many they think will have enough points. I don't know if these tickets are allocated to named individuals or not or they just send them.

What then happens (and someone on here has already said this) is that people who have enough points then go and get their tickets independently leaving a number of tickets to distribute to people who wouldn't have had enough. Now if they're on the list submitted and these are allocated against named tickets then I assume they would get the loyalty points but that may not be the case.

What no one knows is how this submission & allocation process works and if it's not transparent then people will ask questions.
I know exactly how it works, for the aways I didn't qualify for, the OSCs I'm a member of use another members name and supporter number then oy give me my ticket on the bus (they only do it if you travel with them ofcourse and no loyalty points are received)

Prestwich_Blue said:
Kaini Industries said:
sunjihai17 said:
what a load of shite. hate to say it but turning into exactly what we have always hated united for

Yes, we hate United because they sell out at West Brom.
No because they put getting a few quid more for a few hundred tickets ahead of their loyal fans who have watched us for years and desperately want to watch them now have bought tickets when some day-tripper or corporate johnny wasn't in the slightest bit interested.

Spot on Prestwich blue!

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
mancitytmdanttom said:

Tickets allocated to SC branches are recorded against individual supporter nos and loyalty points awarded, I would never go through the branch for mine if they weren't. For me it's purely a convenience thing if I choose to get one through the branch as I have sufficient points to be guaranteed a ticket anyway.

Whether every other ticket ends up in the hands of the person who gets the points is another matter but that's no different to any individual S/T holder getting a ticket and passing it on to a mate with lower points. As I said earlier there has been a definite squeeze on the numbers allocated to branches this season.

SWP's back said:
liamctid said:
SWP's back said:
I really don't think it's anything to do with an increase in corporates.

I think more people with high points wanted to go. not rocket science look at our attendances all season, we saying corporates are to blame for the rise?

I agree with you, but lets not let that stop the typical Bluemoon paranoia... Actually I've heard the tickets have been given to people in the (dare I say it) Media! I. Ladyman + 800 is written on an envelope.

liamctid said:
SWP's back said:
liamctid said:

I agree with you, but lets not let that stop the typical Bluemoon paranoia... Actually I've heard the tickets have been given to people in the (dare I say it) Media! I. Ladyman + 800 is written on an envelope.

lol

(I think if you happen to get a ticket by way of someone not using their ticket then you should be grateful and keep your big gob shut)

vicar_in_a_tutu said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
vicar_in_a_tutu said:
The reason you didn't get one for Utd and Liverpool was fuck all to do with corporate and the reason you haven't got one for west brom is fuck all to do with corporate! It's because you didn't and haven't got enough points,pure and simple.

Those games were high demand games as is the west brom game which also has 400 tickets less than you normally get for away games.

Concrete brain or not,that's the reality!
I've got just under 6000 points concrete brain. That's been easily good enough for virtually every other away game so far and I went to the majority last season.

And it seems I'm not the first one to accuse you of not being the sharpest tool in the box am I?

This from May:
Bluemoon115 said:
The bigger picture has gone well over your head. It's nothing to do with the OP getting a ticket or not, it's about how the club is changing it's business strategy, looking to increase demand to the point where they can potentially charge "competitive prices" for games, because the "new" fan-base will be able to afford it.
You went to all that trouble just for me?...awww,it feels like I have my own stalker,how cute :)

Maybe you should use your time to look for a ticket??

See you at west brom....oops,maybe not ;-)[/quote]
pathetic comment, how childish. prestwhich blue, along with me and many others in this thread are obviously pissed off we couldnt get a ticket for this, no need to rub it in our faces that your going.

Right. So the club allocate tickets to individuals who have enough points but the individual may not be the one who actually applied for the ticket or want to use it. But they will presumably get the loyalty points for that ticket.

But does that stop that individual for applying for a ticket on their own behalf and would they get turned away if they went to the ticket office and tried to buy a ticket?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Right. So the club allocate tickets to individuals who have enough points but the individual may not be the one who actually applied for the ticket or want to use it. But they will presumably get the loyalty points for that ticket.

But does that stop that individual for applying for a ticket on their own behalf and would they get turned away if they went to the ticket office and tried to buy a ticket?

Supporters clubs don't work like that. Imagine the uproar if that happened!

Sounds illegal too.

Prestwich_Blue said:

You're customer number can only be used once for a ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.