West Brom sold out

SWP's back said:
I really don't think it's anything to do with an increase in corporates.

Me either.
Can only say for our group of mates but usually there is 4 of us who be attending an away game but for this west brom game we got 8 tickets and 2 Jnr because everybody wanted to go. Some of our mates just missed out but if they had bothered to come along when only 4 for us were going travelling all over the place they'd of had a enough points to get one.

we could have sold 10k for this day out on boxing day this year.

2.600 wasn't ever going to be enough.

Mind you when I went last year in the Carling Cup (night game and we lost) there were empty seats.

mancityvstoke said:
we could have sold 10k for this day out on boxing day this year.

2.600 wasn't ever going to be enough.

Mind you when I went last year in the Carling Cup (night game and we lost) there were empty seats.
aye i was, i swear that away end holds more than 2,600

OK, so a supporters club can apply for a certain amount of tickets as long as they qualify on having the required number of points. But they're not always guaranteed that number due to a scaling-down process which is varied by the club depending on demand for the match in question?

Am I right in thinking that if a supporters' club applies for tickets, they do so in advance and, if so, are these applications dealt with by the club prior to dealing with individual, non OSC supporters, with the same required number of points?

Agree with the previous postings that more people have higher points that realised

Platinum and the cup schemes have just staggered this.

Using me for example, I have had a season ticket for 12 seasons, used to go to loads of aways a couple of years back but stopped doing as many for a few seasons (personal reasons, finance and due to living in Hull for 3 years) - but still managed about 3/4 aways a season

Started going to aways regularly again from March last season, ended the season on just over 4600 points on the old loyalty point scheme

Signed up for Platinum, all cup schemes in the pre-season, and have only missed 4 competitive games this season home and away on my season card (United away - didnt have the points, Villarreal away - although I went without a ticket and got one the night before, Napoli away and Chelsea away - wasnt paying 60 notes)

My points now stand at 6170, in less than half a season I have gained almost 1600 points, although it could be argued that I'm on a higher level because I have been almost everywhere with the blues this season. I'm sure there are loads out there who have gained at least 1100 points by just signing up to the cup schemes, going platinum etc.

And loads, who like me, have been drawn back to the away games due to the quality of football we play now who didnt attend many aways in previous seasons, for either financial reasons or due to the football.

I do think the system can be a bit unfair for people who only have 3k/4k points who will have to spend years catching up to the rest of us. But you cant just jump straight into the popular aways on lower points. I had to miss out when I first started going to aways because my points at the time were too low - but I gained over the course of three seasons by doing the unfancied, or hard to get to aways. (even harder nowdays I admit, but its better than having a ballot)

Just my two penneth. I always see hundreds of the same old faces everywhere we go and have done for years.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Kaini Industries said:
sunjihai17 said:
what a load of shite. hate to say it but turning into exactly what we have always hated united for

Yes, we hate United because they sell out at West Brom.
No because they put getting a few quid more for a few hundred tickets ahead of their loyal fans who have watched us for years and desperately want to watch them now have bought tickets when some day-tripper or corporate johnny wasn't in the slightest bit interested.

So what's the theory? That we have 600 corporate prawn sandwich eaters who fancy taking in an away trip to the mighty West Brom?? :)

lancs blue said:
RACHACE said:
Boxing Day fixtures have always been popular? That maybe true but not this popular, sold out before 6000 points (I have 5880).

There is alot going on imo, the supporters who have say 6500-8000 points are buying more tickets so that they keep up and the supporters clubs are getting more tickets to supplement the rise in new members. They are doing this by using the tickets of members that have lots of loyalty points and adding that to the amount that they get by applying.

Either way the ticket distribution is being manipulated and until something gets done to ensure that those that have purchased a ticket actually attend the game, then it will remain the same.

I know for a fact that should I have decided to want to go to the game with an OSC, I would have got a ticket without doubt. How can this be if it is all fair and by the book?

There are plenty of blues that go with an OSC that have plenty of loyalty points, but there are also plenty that do not have the required amount but will get a ticket.

There needs to be more transparency for the normal independant travelling fans with regards where the tickets are going.

Supporters clubs are definitely getting fewer tickets allocated this season, as I posted earlier our branch applied for 18 tickets for West Brom and got 6. Last season they would have got what they asked for more or less. If you genuinely believe the second bit I highlighted to be true, I'd like to know which branch you had in mind!

I am not going to name the branch, they have some really decent blues within their branch however, they are a big branch and being seen as the biggest branch has become some sort of obsession with the people who run it. In order to become the biggest, members are needed and to get members you need tickets.

From what I gather, there is a huge list with names and supporter numbers along with what loyalty points that person has. Say there are 40 members that are over the 7000 point mark thats 40 guranteed tickets when you ring up to get tickets. They will also apply for their regular amount for the OSC, which maybe more than most OSC's as they are seen as a big branch so for arguments sake lets say they got 50 for West Brom (which isn't unlikely), theres 90 tickets.

I know that there are 3 coaches going on boxing day from this branch, 50 seater coaches and everyone going WILL have a ticket despite (I rekon) a good 40% of them will not have the required number of loyalty points needed for the ticket.

Supporter clubs may well be getting fewer, but if you already have a database of fans that have good points that don't really attend many away games then you have the resource to get more tickets.

That is unfair imo, all because alot of blues like to travel when they want, drink where they want and spend time with who they want and no t be hearded around at an OSC

Manchester la la la la said:
Agree with the previous postings that more people have higher points that realised

Platinum and the cup schemes have just staggered this.

Using me for example, I have had a season ticket for 12 seasons, used to go to loads of aways a couple of years back but stopped doing as many for a few seasons (personal reasons, finance and due to living in Hull for 3 years) - but still managed about 3/4 aways a season

Started going to aways regularly again from March last season, ended the season on just over 4600 points on the old loyalty point scheme

Signed up for Platinum, all cup schemes in the pre-season, and have only missed 4 competitive games this season home and away on my season card (United away - didnt have the points, Villarreal away - although I went without a ticket and got one the night before, Napoli away and Chelsea away - wasnt paying 60 notes)

My points now stand at 6170, in less than half a season I have gained almost 1600 points, although it could be argued that I'm on a higher level because I have been almost everywhere with the blues this season. I'm sure there are loads out there who have gained at least 1100 points by just signing up to the cup schemes, going platinum etc.

And loads, who like me, have been drawn back to the away games due to the quality of football we play now who didnt attend many aways in previous seasons, for either financial reasons or due to the football.

I do think the system can be a bit unfair for people who only have 3k/4k points who will have to spend years catching up to the rest of us. But you cant just jump straight into the popular aways on lower points. I had to miss out when I first started going to aways because my points at the time were too low - but I gained over the course of three seasons by doing the unfancied, or hard to get to aways. (even harder nowdays I admit, but its better than having a ballot)

Just my two penneth. I always see hundreds of the same old faces everywhere we go and have done for years.
There will be a hell of a lot of city fans way above 6000 points,like you said a lot had a massive bump up this year..

And the thing is they are not going to stop going to away games & no reason why they should ...

If your stuck on 4-5000 your going to get the scraps for a long long time!

the gold and platinum cards was a master stroke by mcfc everybody i know went for platinum to get double points by paying a extra 50 quid if you have around 4000 you should get gold next season has away tickets seem to go by 6000+ you will never catch up people with high points will always get a ticket if they are going or not and sell it on this site

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.