West Brom Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

DTeacher said:
mancinimadness said:
City's away form is becoming a problem as is the recent lack of form of silva and aguaro. I really hope we manage to win one of the cup competitions now as the league is there to be won for the rags.

What garbage.

We are still in pole position.

Whether you like it or not.

You would think they would be on there own forum buzzing instead of spending time on here.

Probably the sort to swap alliance when we win the league. Ie closet blue

Re: atmosphere today

felixbg said:
uwerosler28 said:
why do you care if you wasnt there? seems people nowadays see the atmosphere as part of the entertainment something to turn up and watch.

just as important as the result & football played imo. perfect away day = rocking atmosphere, city playing great football and winning convincingly.

Seriously????

notts blue said:
uwerosler28 said:
why do you care if you wasnt there? seems people nowadays see the atmosphere as part of the entertainment something to turn up and watch.

cos its the 2nd away ive missed all season and if i hear it was shit i wont feel as bad as i do for missing it!!

I wouldn't fret too much it was a nil nil draw!

Sluggish from the off. Didn't deserve to win. Silva's worst game for yonks.

Many more like that and the rags will be keeping the title. We need to Batter teams from the off. Once we're 3 up that is the time to rest not the start of the game.

uwerosler28 said:
felixbg said:
uwerosler28 said:

just as important as the result & football played imo. perfect away day = rocking atmosphere, city playing great football and winning convincingly.

Seriously????

yep. results aren't everything. atmosphere plays a huge part in the whole 'match day experience'. if it didnt then everyone would just watch the game on tv and support barcelona.

I thought the atmosphere was decent, I've been at games with better but overall I thought it was decent. Thought it went down in the last quarter of the game or so, with the frustration growing over our us not scoring.

In terms of the game, none of our players were at their best going forward, Silva had a poor game by his standards and Yaya and Milner were also very off the boil, Yaya in particular was very wasteful with the ball. However, I think most days we'd have still sneaked a victory, but we just didn't get that little bit of luck today and also West Brom were strong, resolute and determined at the back and deserved their point. McAuley and Jones did very well for them. They made us look worse than we actually were. As I said, most days we'd still have scored a couple of goals playing like we did.

West Brom weren't the first team to face us with a defensive mentality, they were just the first to actually be successful with their gameplan. We might find we have a couple more games like this during the season. It's a consequence of being at the level we are now at. Most teams we will find a way through (e.g. Stoke, Norwich) but on the odd game, we won't, and this was one of them.

What annoys me is that Foster never had to make any outstanding saves, just routine saves which were straight at him. His time wasting tactics which he used for pretty much the entire second half were also very pathetic. He was doing exactly the same when Birmingham drew 0-0 with us last season.

It's those games that are important. The ones we don't look like winning or feel we deserve to win.

Not a disaster of a result, but those games will be must wins from now on. We should be able to beat teams that we are better than, even when we are playing crap, just knowing that we're stronger, fitter, and bloody better.

That we are fuckin Manchester City, and we're better than anyone, even when we're not.

The rags main weapon is intimidation, they know they are going to win, and so do their opponents.
There is no reason why we shouldn't be treated the same. I'm sick shit of people waiting for us to fall flat on our face.
We are Manchester City and we deserve to win that title.

Motty said:
I thought the atmosphere was decent, I've been at games with better but overall I thought it was decent. Thought it went down in the last quarter of the game or so, with the frustration growing over our us not scoring.

In terms of the game, none of our players were at their best going forward, Silva had a poor game by his standards and Yaya and Milner were also very off the boil, Yaya in particular was very wasteful with the ball. However, I think most days we'd have still sneaked a victory, but we just didn't get that little bit of luck today and also West Brom were strong, resolute and determined at the back and deserved their point. McAuley and Jones did very well for them. They made us look worse than we actually were. As I said, most days we'd still have scored a couple of goals playing like we did.

West Brom weren't the first team to face us with a defensive mentality, they were just the first to actually be successful with their gameplan. We might find we have a couple more games like this during the season. It's a consequence of being at the level we are now at. Most teams we will find a way through (e.g. Stoke, Norwich) but on the odd game, we won't, and this was one of them.

What annoys me is that Foster never had to make any outstanding saves, just routine saves which were straight at him. His time wasting tactics which he used for pretty much the entire second half were also very pathetic. He was doing exactly the same when Birmingham drew 0-0 with us last season.
Agree with all that, we can't win every week, nobody does, we weren't at our best, but I wouldn't fault any of the effort, some players are off form, but it'll come back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.