West Brom vs Man City (pre match discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liam_Baggies said:
softlad said:
Im sitting in with the Baggies for this one, I hate doing it, but there you go...

Anyone know of a decent boozer near the ground for away fans, or one near New Street where blues will congregate?

The Vine accepts away fans. Roebuck Lane, not far off the motorway island.

I can't say about New Street as I haven't been drinking up there. The Vine would be your best bet. Do a lovely chicken tikka in there, too.

Our coach stopped at the Vine last year Liam but we've been told this year they're not accepting coach parties due to a load of red mickeys causing problems there last season.

For the record we're stopping at The Tennis Court pub where we stopped on the way to the Charity Shield at the 'Seal Sanctuary'

West Brom injury list/doubts:

Romelu Lukaku: 60-40 to play
Youssouf Mulumbu: niggle on international duty, major doubt
Chris Brunt: hamstring, out
Steven Reid: hamstring, out
Billy Jones: knee, out
Boaz Myhill: thumb, out
Jerome Thomas: knee op, out

Mulumbu, Brunt, Thomas, and Jones were all in the team that we were unable to break down in the 0-0 there last season.

Hart

Micah
VK
Lescott
Clichy

Yaya
Barry
Milner

Nasri
Tevez
Ballotelli

2-0 to city with goals from ballotelli and nasri

gazinho said:
Our coach stopped at the Vine last year Liam but we've been told this year they're not accepting coach parties due to a load of red mickeys causing problems there last season.

For the record we're stopping at The Tennis Court pub where we stopped on the way to the Charity Shield at the 'Seal Sanctuary'

I didn't know they'd stopped. Sure I saw some away fans in the pub some weeks back.

Glad the Seal Sanctuary is catching on!<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:08 pm --<br /><br />Losing Mulumbu is a massive blow for us. He and Yacob have so far formed an excellent partnership together and he'll be a major miss because he does the muck and bullets side of the game superbly well. This will see us bring in young George Thorne or Graham Dorrans to sit alongside Claudio Yacob.

Gonzalo Jara could be an option but with Reid and Jones likely to miss out he should feature at right back given the nightmare Tamas had against QPR.

cockbrookblue said:
Reid11 said:
Quick question to anyone that can help, I will be having a weekend away in blackpool when we play WBA anyone know a decent place to go and watch the match? Rag free if possible

Cheers in advance
Try the Black Ribbon bar.
Imagine they will all be showing the Rags. Never heard of The Black Ribbon, but was told a couple of weeks ago that a boozer called The Sandyforth Arms in Thornton (about 5 mile - £15 taxi) shows every match on different tellys on Satday afternoon.
Never been myself mind. I'd just get leathered and look under the pier for a £5 blow job.

LoveCity said:
West Brom injury list/doubts:

Romelu Lukaku: 60-40 to play
Youssouf Mulumbu: niggle on international duty, major doubt
Chris Brunt: hamstring, out
Steven Reid: hamstring, out
Billy Jones: knee, out
Boaz Myhill: thumb, out
Jerome Thomas: knee op, out

Mulumbu, Brunt, Thomas, and Jones were all in the team that we were unable to break down in the 0-0 there last season.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.wba.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.wba.co.uk</a>
Romelu Lukaku returned to full training today (Thursday) after being forced out of action with Belgium due to ongoing pain in his right ankle and the Baggies boss remains hopeful the on-loan striker will be fit to face City.

Mulumbu played in DR Congo’s African Nations Cup play-off qualifier second leg against Equatorial Guinea at the weekend and is rated as having a 60-40 chance of taking on the champions.

Chris Brunt and Steven Reid (both hamstring), Billy Jones (knee) and Boaz Myhill (thumb) all remain sidelined, while the game comes too soon for Jerome Thomas, who only returned to training last week following a minor knee operation.

--------------Hart
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy
--------------Barry
----Milner----Yaya Toure----Nasri
----------Tevez--Balotelli

Rest Aguero & Zab after 2 games in South America. And Dzeko, Kolarov also played twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.