West Ham (A) | Sun 7 Aug 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes will do what he always does, home or away against Pep teams, 5-4-1, 5 at the back out of possession and no room between the lines and try and hit us on the break with ANtonio + Bowens pace. Proved very effective last year at their place. Be interesting to see where we're at after a disappointing Charity Shield result. Strange game as the KDB performances we've seen in the US friendlies was absent and Haaland looked miles off it yet should have still scored twice. Not paid any attention to WH's pre-season so dont know where they're at either.
I do know they bought Scamacca but not sure he'll be starting due to Moyes usual game plan against us.
https://www.whufc.com/players/713
Don't know why but I've got a feeling we'll be comfortable. Not sure where that comes from following last years opener against Spurs, however not sure that wasn't due to a huge Champions League final hangover and quite a few missing or not anywhere near fit.
Yes, agreed. However we had a makeshift back four against WH last season.

I would go with this..

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Dias
Ake

Rodri
Bernardo
KDB

Foden
Haaland
Grealish.

We lose something going forward if Cancelo out, but prefer Ake up against Bowen.

Stones and Dias can be a class centre half pairing as we have seen in the past when laporte didnt get a look in.

Eddie

Walker
Stones
Dias
Cancelo

Bernardo
Rodri
De Bruyne

Alvarez
Haaland
Foden

I think he'll start Alvarez in this one. Maybe Haaland will start on the bench.
I'm going
Ederson
Walker
Dias
Ake
Cancel
Rodri
De bruyne
Bernard
Foden
Alvarez
Grealish

Think west ham will struggle to create chances, although they can be dangerous from corners, Im predicting a 1 nil win but nowhere at our best performance
Problem is teams only need a few chances on target to score a few goals against us and it was worse towards the end of the season and same again in the Charity Shield (Dippers, Villa, West Ham we have conceded 7 goals from just 8 on target).
All depends how wasteful or not we are. 31 shots to their 6 end of the season, but only 8 of ours on target and both of theirs on target were goals.
Plus you have the Oliver/Dean factor so this one is tough to call

Just to say that there is mention of part-closure on London Underground this weekend, though the relevant section, for us, Highbury+Islington > Hackney Wick, although highlighted, appears to still be running.
If going that way, and running early (for a pre-noon drink), you could think about a couple at Highbury, the Cock next to the station opens 10am, or the spoons just round the corner to the right, then on to Hackney for noon-opening (but even more expensive drinking). I'm leaning toward that plan once I've met a couple of friends at Euston, although I did like the sound of Tap East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.