West Ham Next Week

WHU supporter here. Happened to see this while having a look at the site ahead of next weekend's match. At the risk of turning this into a mutual knob-sucking ceremony, think this thread shows a bit of class in these days where you're supposed to HATE anyone and everyone who isn't your team.

I know the majority of hammers have always seen City as probably the most similar team as us - things perhaps are changing recently with your lot, but traditionally we've both had our fair shares of ups and downs and with more glamorous neighbours on our respective doorsteps, you didn't support City or West Ham for the easy glory - but the result is you get a much better quality of fan. You could certainly always tell a Red from a Blue before they've even said who they support - if they've got a sense of humour, 99% chance they're a Manchester City fan.

I'll be screaming my lungs hoarse that you cock it up against us on Saturday, but after the final whistle will be cheering your lads on in the FA Cup final and will certainly down a pint in your honour if and when you manage to pip Spurs for a CL spot....

irone said:
WHU supporter here. Happened to see this while having a look at the site ahead of next weekend's match. At the risk of turning this into a mutual knob-sucking ceremony, think this thread shows a bit of class in these days where you're supposed to HATE anyone and everyone who isn't your team.

I know the majority of hammers have always seen City as probably the most similar team as us - things perhaps are changing recently with your lot, but traditionally we've both had our fair shares of ups and downs and with more glamorous neighbours on our respective doorsteps, you didn't support City or West Ham for the easy glory - but the result is you get a much better quality of fan. You could certainly always tell a Red from a Blue before they've even said who they support - if they've got a sense of humour, 99% chance they're a Manchester City fan.

I'll be screaming my lungs hoarse that you cock it up against us on Saturday, but after the final whistle will be cheering your lads on in the FA Cup final and will certainly down a pint in your honour if and when you manage to pip Spurs for a CL spot....

Nice one pal, hope alot more Hammers fans see this too. We share alot of similarities through the years and there are other teams that deserve to go down before your team. Good luck for your remaining games, but only til after next week.

Up the Hammers.

I fucking hope we don't sing this. West Ham remind me of us and I hope they don't go down.

If they sing 'Where were you...' then it's fair enough as that chant is horrible and demonstrates a complete lack of knowledge.

irone said:

Welcome to the site and good luck for the rest of the season after Sunday.

Always recognised the similarities between us, one of which is the banter and sense of humour that's enjoyed on a good day out.

How many you bringing up on Sunday, any ideas?

Nice one irone ... my best friend of 35 yrs (lives in Hornchurch) has been a hammer all his life as I have City and consider them my 2nd team, really hoping you don't go down (but obviously hoping we beat you) as you've been through the mill as much as us. Respect to your fans.

I really hope they stay up , proper club with proper fans who deserve top flight football as a minimum .
Always wish the Hammers well

Yeah soft spot for hammers,if i had to support a London team it would be them.
They seem to hate the rags almost as much as we do, so thats a plus.
However if they come out with "where were you..............." then it's both barrels!

cool cat said:
I really hope they stay up , proper club with proper fans who deserve top flight football as a minimum .
Always wish the Hammers well

Me too. have a good friend who's a hammer and who's dad worked for city for years , we have good footie chats etc and i hope after next weekend it all goes right for you and you stay up and it goes right for us and we finish 3rd or 4th and batter spurs.

Ricster said:
Nice one pal, hope alot more Hammers fans see this too. We share alot of similarities through the years and there are other teams that deserve to go down before your team.

I dunno, we're nothing if not realistic and the table doesn't lie at this time in the season - I do think of the teams facing relegation we're easily the best on our day but that doesn't count for jack if you're serving up dross in between times. But if we go down we'll take our medicine, enjoy a year playing new teams and hopefully try and get back up on the first bounce...

Incidentally, there's a link to this thread already posted on the KUMB boards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.