West Ham post game....

With respect mate i disagree.

Yaya, Silva and KdB offer the side nothing defensively, especially away from home.

Ive defended the players and Pellegrini all season and ever since he walked through the door but its all wrong right now and he shows no sign of knowing how to fix it and the players looked fucked off over it as well.
See you are generalizing, I'm speaking solely about yesterday's game. You thought Yaya offered nothing defensively yesterday?

See you are generalizing, I'm speaking solely about yesterday's game. You thought Yaya offered nothing defensively yesterday?

Im saying those players dont offer us anything defensively generally in most games. Its a mental attitude that they alone have to adopt and want to do but they dont want to. Every week we are now seeing midfield with players generally not fit to lace our players boots on paper out thinking, out running, out muscling and out playing ours. Delph was effectively on his own yesterday and for his troubles he got hooked whilst those he needed to help him out, managed to stay on.

Pellegrini is getting the selection wrong from the outset right now in the majority of games playing these players together and he is refusing to change it early enough in most games as well, confounding the issue.

We cant play both Silva and KdB together away from home with Yaya also in a two, regardless of who is midfield partner is. We could if they changed their attitudes and did their bit defensively but they wont, its that simple.

Not took the time to see what Bluemoon thinks of the West Ham game yet, but judging by the list of thread titles, I can guess the prevailing opinion. Anyway...

I was looking forward to this game in the days building up to it. It is an important 8 days of football with three different competitions in matches (not to mention; end of the important Dec-Jan period.) After this is the point where my friends and I will start making proper predictions. City have been looking like we're about to build some momentum, we're seeing clean sheets and our we're through the worst of this season's injury devastation. So yeah, I was looking forward to it from a very logical perspective...

Then I saw the line up... hahaha...

Immediately I just thought, "Fuck it, Xenon. don't complain. Just enjoy the ride."

And I did. I remained optimistic. Discussed all the potential strengths of our set up. "On paper, blah blah. If we turn up, blah blah. We just need to concentrate, blah blah" You all know the classic phrases we've become accustomed to.

Fucking 50 seconds!

I don't think I've ever laughed at City's defence like I did as Jelovic and Antonius (or whatever the fuck their names are) consistently showed more threat than our world class attackers. After we conceded that goal from a throwing, something may have broke inside me, because I really never thought I'd laugh at our disadvantages. but it was so ridiculous that we weren't behind! How did we get a point out of that game? The stars must have aligned, or we were touched by a guardian angel or something. Hell, we may just win the league with this kind rub of the green.

Enough jokes though, the fact of the matter was that I was embarrassed. I was embarrassed when we went to the in-form team of the last 12 games with the "player-power" set up that we did. I tried to justify the set up tactically in my mind, (taking the Everton game into consideration,) I couldn't justify it. By the time the subs came I was on my top cheering on the Gung Ho attack like I'd been infected with some beserker rage.

Weird... weird game.

I'm tempted to analyse the intent and effect of the subs... I'm tempted tp try typing just how I feel about some of the individual technical performances of our players... but do I really want to cry on the sabbath? I think not.

Onward to the League Cup! Can't fucking wait to see what's in store for us. Weirdest season ever

Yaya rightly criticised for the first goal, but Delph was just as responsible and no one seems to care. As usual, it's bash Yaya and Pellergrini for playing him, despite it being obvious that we're a far better side with Yaya, especially when he plays DM in away games

What the fuck can you criticise Delph for in regards to that first goal?

How are we a better side with Yaya playing defensive midfield in away games?

Otamendi is at fault as well for not staying in position

If you genuinely believe that you know absolutely nothing about defending, he stepped forward to intercept the only option the WHU player to pass to. It was Yaya's laziness and no other reason that we conceded that goal. To get beaten one vs one when you have a 4/5 yard head start on the bloke is disgusting, you bring him down if need be and take the booking.

Really struggled against the long ball and physicality of west ham yesterday can't believe we didn't press them right up the pitch and make it as small as possible as they had an extra man in space whenever on the ball. That said west ham were excellent in there cup final and that point might win us the league!

What the fuck can you criticise Delph for in regards to that first goal?

How are we a better side with Yaya playing defensive midfield in away games?

Velencia was left on his own as Delph got sucked towards the ball. Yaya also at fault too, obviously.

We keep hold of the ball more in the oppositions half, and we move from defence to attack more quickly. We've won 14/18 points when Yaya has played DM in away games this season. We've won 2/15 when he hasn't.

So the guy who was slightly better should seat out, and the guy who was worse should be given a chance to reestablish his sublime touch. Not partial in that confusion at all.
dax my comment is based on KDB looking knackered and Silva needing to find his mojo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.