West Ham post game....

Bloody youngsters - or JCLs. How about Sun's og for Boro when they didn't have a shot on target all game, Jamie Pillock's og v QPR, and as we're talking about Wet Spam I'll mention Joe's cock-up involving Ronnie Boyce.

To be fair I've been there for both the Sun Jihai and Jamie Pollock ones, not a Scooby what the other one is you're referring to but Otamendi's is still out on top for me in terms of what the fuck was going through his head.

Luckily you're not the manager.

Having equalised, it was also important not to lose, so bringing on a DM was sensible, as Yaya was doing it alone at that point. It also allowed the opportunity to let him get forward a bit more, and he does bring a goal threat.

Fernando has been one of our better players over the last few weeks, most have recognised that, obviously you're not one of them.

Also Silva was having a pretty poor game, most seem to have recognised that too, in fact he was lucky he had been replaced already in my view.
It's hard to respond to people who question the sub. I have come to conclude it must be a blind spot on the issue.

Bringing in a CM was so on point. I could get the argument it should have been Dihno and not Nando. But even that is easily countered with Pellars going with the fitter player. And thus a non issue.

For me pulling Navas instead of Silva was the only wrong call. But given Silva's quality, I can't fault a manager for keeping faith with the more talented Silva. Unfair on Navas, but that happens a lot. You live and die with your stars. The other subs were on point given the situation.

As much as I was disappointed with the selection, formation, effort of the ball, passing, ball control, concentration! We still deserved our point and tried to the end! We have to realise that there is some pretty good teams in this league! United apart!

My apologies on the Kelechi confusion. I was just asserting itvwaa a good sub.

On the issue of Fernando sub, it was good because we got the equalizer for taking a risk of putting in a Striker for a CM. No need to continue playing so riskily when the game was tied. Sure we looked up when we played with 5 attacking mids, but that was partly because WH was ahead and sat back. Once it was tied, if they had gone back into their normal mode, we'd had been short 2 players in central mid. For me that was a good common sense sub.

We weren't looking for a draw, but we weren't gonna go all out looking for the with an unwartanted risk of actually losing it.

Nothing wrong with that sub in my opinion. Had we not giving up a silly error goal. It would have been Kelechi in for Silva directly.
With only 7 minutes to go though it's pretty negative to put Fernando on who offers virtually zero threat going forward, could have dropped De Bruyne into CM or brought on Fernandinho for me - if we lose a point obviously it's a negative but I feel that's a smaller negative compared to how big gaining 2 points would be at this stage in the season.

Just paste the link to the page containing the stat mate. Thanks in advance
Sorry dribble on my phone here. Whoscore cookies are wonkie on my phone. But it'd mad easy to fact check.
Go to: whoscore.com
Click on premier league
Click on team stats
On that page click on Defensive Column
Sort shots conceded per game.
Report who you find at #1 :)

City were battering West ham at this point Silva had just won a 50/50 tackle and looked hungry. Fernando comes on and all of a sudden we can't get the ball. Can you tell me what Fernando actually does?

Fernando does what nobody else in our squad can he shields the bk 4 and is disciplined in his position.

Hard to moan about a decent point. Especially complaining about not playing 5 forwards after equalising.

As much as I was disappointed with the selection, formation, effort of the ball, passing, ball control, concentration! We still deserved our point and tried to the end! We have to realise that there is some pretty good teams in this league! United apart!

That is so true. Playing from the first whistle and not waiting to be woken up by conceding, would help once in a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.