West Ham post game....

Not many distinctly average teams can claim to be in a title race,last 16 chumps league,semi final league cup and good chance of 5th round of the fa cup.
We are handily placed to win the lot.
i,m not interested in the "with the money we,ve spent we should be doing better argument"
i went down to upton park yesterday and saw a battle.thats how it is these days in the prem away from home.teams are not gonna roll over, they will get in our faces,dive, have the games of their lives...westham badly wanted to win that game, they wnt to be top four in their new ground next year and kick on as a serious premier league title contenders over the next few years.Its to be expected that they would fight tooth and nail,on their own ground, to ensure they held their heads high at the end..a by product of this is that our players were not afforded the space and time on the ball ...they didnt fancy being destroyed on their own ground..hence a good battle commenced.it was a good game.i enjoyed it.happy with a point at the end of the day. see no reason to sack the manager or shout abuse at my team.for me,today, the players to a man got stuck in and tried their best.some mistakes, yes, but they are not robots.
really enjoyed the day,glad i made the effort to travel down.
Well played City.
Hey I`m with you on the "don`t sack the manager" and happy for a point.I keep stating the same thing though,that its OK to have a go at the defence but half the problems stem from the midfielders who don`t help out,and this in turn puts pressure on the defence.That second goal was just a joke but thankfully we got back into it.
Far too many players today had more than a bad day at the office.Just hope it doesn`t carry on for the Everton game as all eleven whoever they are,need to pull together and put on a display similar to the Sevilla and Norwich games.

Only Aguero and Hart can really hold their heads up high after that performance. Demichelis and Delph were possibly less bad than the others, but defensively that was an absolute shambles.

I'd hoped we'd turned a corner after the three clean sheets, but we saw the same issues that have plagued us all season arising again.

In the circumstances, a point wasn't a bad result given the performance, and three points off the top at this stage is hardly insurmountable. But we look miles away from being a title winning side. The problems are almost too numerous to mention, and Pellegrini seemingly doesn't have the answers.

The fact that we have gone backwards over the last two seasons, despite the investment in the team, is unacceptable. People point to the fact that we're still fighting on four fronts, but it's pretty plausible we could end the season trophyless again.
Only Aguero and Hart can really hold their heads up high after that performance. Demichelis and Delph were possibly less bad than the others, but defensively that was an absolute shambles.

I'd hoped we'd turned a corner after the three clean sheets, but we saw the same issues that have plagued us all season arising again.

In the circumstances, a point wasn't a bad result given the performance, and three points off the top at this stage is hardly insurmountable. But we look miles away from being a title winning side. The problems are almost too numerous to mention, and Pellegrini seemingly doesn't have the answers.

The fact that we have gone backwards over the last two seasons, despite the investment in the team, is unacceptable. People point to the fact that we're still fighting on four fronts, but it's pretty plausible we could end the season trophyless again.
What a great post. Usually on here if you say anything negative you are called a rag. But people are happy with a point at west ham now after all that investment. I suppose the point with villa was a good one if we in the league by a point.arent we sick of the old "that's typical city" routine now we have invested in the players can't we expect more, expect to win well and even dominate the league. Otherwise don't spend mega and bring young ones thru like Spurs and win by team effort and will to win. Like you said we are still in four comps but not looking threatening and could end up with nothing which would be criminal with this squad.

I think that the players are desperate for a coach that actually:
1) bothers to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and sets up to exploit them
2) practices the basics - defensive set ups, bringing the ball out from the back, throw-ins and set pieces (attacking and defending) until the squad are competent at executing them
3) has a plan b and c and d when things don't work well and the squad are well practiced in executing them
4) understands the strengths and weaknesses of the squad and sets us up accordingly
5) analyses our mistakes and coaches players on a 121 basis to eradicate them
6) is a leader and motivator that instills a winning mentality and work ethic

Sadly I see little evidence that they have any of that just now and that is not going to change until our present manager is changed.
As far as the game is concerned I thought that West Ham played well and anyone that loves football will have enjoyed Payet's performance. Joe and Aguero saved the match for us. Kelechi brought energy and no little skill when he came on. I won't criticise any other player until I see evidence that they are being coached in a competent manner. We are still in 4 competitions but I personally will be delighted and not a little surprised if we win anything this season.

I thought the performance was ok yesterday, Silva's form is worrying, Clichy seems to pull out of so many tackles that a full back should go for and Pellegrini is blind to what nearly everyone else can see in that we play better with defensive midfielders. But on the whole that was not a bad point, the next 4 games are interesting, maybe reach a final, progression in the FA cup and 6 points in the league 3 of which are against Leicester...... maybe!

Fernando came on yesterday and in that short space of time looked by far the worst player on the pitch! I like txiki but fucking hell some of his player recruitment has been appalling!

I think that the players are desperate for a coach that actually:
1) bothers to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and sets up to exploit them
2) practices the basics - defensive set ups, bringing the ball out from the back, throw-ins and set pieces (attacking and defending) until the squad are competent at executing them
3) has a plan b and c and d when things don't work well and the squad are well practiced in executing them
4) understands the strengths and weaknesses of the squad and sets us up accordingly
5) analyses our mistakes and coaches players on a 121 basis to eradicate them
6) is a leader and motivator that instills a winning mentality and work ethic

Sadly I see little evidence that they have any of that just now and that is not going to change until our present manager is changed.
As far as the game is concerned I thought that West Ham played well and anyone that loves football will have enjoyed Payet's performance. Joe and Aguero saved the match for us. Kelechi brought energy and no little skill when he came on. I won't criticise any other player until I see evidence that they are being coached in a competent manner. We are still in 4 competitions but I personally will be delighted and not a little surprised if we win anything this season.

Great post.

I wonder what Pellegrini actually does? I have visions of him coming in to work and saying, 'Right lads, same formation as last time here's the team. Ruben, what's for lunch.'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.