What are the owners/board thinking???

So, back on topic. What I don't understand is people using the Carrol transfer fee as a reason for us not getting involved in the market place. We don't need to sign a top shelf world class player. We need to sign someone who can be an understudy for AJ, or at least provide real competition for him as the only other winger in the squad.

The young lad at Southampton springs to mind (although I accept he may not be interested in coming to us)...

citysince88 said:
Jesus Ladies put the claws away !

Look on the brightside this may well be the best oppotunity for some of the younger players to get thier name in contention. you never know what will happen in football.

What younger players?

Most of the better ones are already out on loan!

So my post explaining why i agree with Billy in that we need a creative player plus a right back and a centre back but any sane person like the board and the owners knows not to panic buy this window otherwise you get Wayne Bridge for £10m and Andy Caroll for £35m is deleted?

What a crock of shit, i'm logging off.

We are certainly weaker at present than we were before Xmas...the los of balo and Aj are big and if Bal breaks down again once he does return then we are going to hope to hell tev and dzeko sta fit and also that czeko gets upto speed as despite his goal yesterday he looked yards of the pace and even RM said it will tke him another 4-5 games to get upto speed.

We have depth defensively but in terms of attacking options we are very light in the way of cover....we have one creative central mdfelder and that is silva.....yaya isnt upto that job on his own...he needs sila in there to do it

I believe that RM has made mistakes in not sorting this out before now

He has taken a huge ris in leting ade go and leaving us with the waste of space that is Jo

Chelski will come strong again and spurs arent ou of it either..the top 2 will certainly contain utd and arsenal will certainly be int he top 4 somewhere.....therefore its us chelski and spurs fighting out for the last two spots....both those teams are tryng to stregthen....I hope they dont manage it

WNRH said:
blueinsa said:
And so another great thread goes the way that the always do......

Shame on you WNRH or whatever your name is.

Oh please, don't buy into the bullshit. When someone says "what are the owners and board thinking" when we aren't panic buying like Liverpool and paying £35m for Andy Caroll from someone who only comes on here after a defeat or a draw then i am entitled to come on and say my piece, it wasn't a discussion, anyone else would of created this thread other than BS then it would of been shot down, alot of the posts mention him tubthumping with little ;-) meaning they know its aload of shit again.

I think for myself mate. I watch the games, i see our tactics, i watch players and from all that i form my own opinions and thoughts and then i come on here and express them and debate them with a few likewise posters.

Billy had set the thread up after a few of us were debating this issue on the transfer thread. 8 pages of adult debate shows that it is a relevant topic for discussion.

Thanks all the same.

BillyShears said:
So, some interesting discussions going on in the transfer forum about what exactly is going through the minds of the powers that be at City.

For the first time in decades we come into the new year realistically in the hunt for the title - and yet other than Dzeko we have failed to strengthen our squad. What's worse, we have weakened it significantly. Notwithstanding the Balo/AJ injury situations, even prior to that we were lacking creative options in midfield, a pacy winger, a well rounded box to box midfield player who doesn't have the turning circle of a Stagecoach Bus, and potentially a right back who can actually has the attributes to play the way Roberto wants...

Is this a fuck up of epic proportions - and are we going to battle for 4th in a repeat of last season - or are we flapping about nothing and is the squad strong enough even with the loss of AJ to sustain ourselves in 3rd ahead of Chelsea and Spurs...?

WNRH said:
So my post explaining why i agree with Billy in that we need a creative player plus a right back and a centre back but any sane person like the board and the owners knows not to panic buy this window otherwise you get Wayne Bridge for £10m and Andy Caroll for £35m is deleted?

What a crock of shit, i'm logging off.
Apologies that one went by mistake, but thats the trouble when having to mod the thing in real time sometimes a post will go by accident, if you'd stuck to the topic, and not started bitching at the OP, I would have just been getting on with my work here, and not editing and deleting for 15 minutes.

Its what the users have asked for so if a post gets accidentally binned then I'm sorry.

BillyShears said:
So, back on topic. What I don't understand is people using the Carrol transfer fee as a reason for us not getting involved in the market place. We don't need to sign a top shelf world class player. We need to sign someone who can be an understudy for AJ, or at least provide real competition for him as the only other winger in the squad.

The young lad at Southampton springs to mind (although I accept he may not be interested in coming to us)...

Spot on Billy. Too many are thinking wrongly that we are clamouring for a multi million pound stellar signing. We are not, we just see our lack of width and pace as a major problem that leaves us with no plan B.

A loan signing would suffice till summer but it needs to be addressed and the fact its looking like it wont is of major concern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.