What are we expecting from Pep's first season?

hopefully with renewed optimism and some big signings we will hit the ground running. There will be a buzz about the place, same as there was in summer 2013. Hard to imagine now at this moment in time but it will be different come August. Im quielty confident we will start strongly actually.

There is no reason he can't emulate pellers first year Imo. However the key thing for me will be making us difficult to beat again, especially at home. I expect that fear factor to rematirilise, where lesser teams are already beaten before they step on the pitch at the Etihad. Certainly the end of teams turning up and slotting us 3 and 4.

If we qualify for the champions league ( can't believe I'm having to type that) nothing less than progression from the group stage will be acceptable. Maybe a quarter final or at least be competitive if we come up against Barca et Al.

It's going to be an exciting summer in any case!

Endless possession but no cutting edge. Struggling to keep pace with the top four. Press vultures circle with unprecedented fervour

Massive internal unrest as the dressing room divides into those willing to buy into Pep's "philosophy" and those who feel we're going nowhere.

General opprobrium for Txiki and Feriano as it appears their all your eggs in one basket gamble hasn't worked and has set the club back 5 years.

Questions as to Khaldoon's role in bringing in these Spanish clowns.

Endless possession but no cutting edge. Struggling to keep pace with the top four. Press vultures circle with unprecedented fervour

Massive internal unrest as the dressing room divides into those willing to buy into Pep's "philosophy" and those who feel we're going nowhere.

General opprobrium for Txiki and Feriano as it appears their all your eggs in one basket gamble hasn't worked and has set the club back 5 years.

That's the spirit,think positive

WTF??

After chasing him for 3 long years and putting the future of the club on hold whilst doing so, with all the hype, and the expectations placed on "lesser" managers like Bobby and Manuel I would absolutely expect to win a minimum of 2 of the 4 main competitions we enter. As a minimum this should be the least we expect as no doubt there will be yet more major investment in the playing squad.

3 of the 4 should not be seen as being too demanding.

Anything less than 2 should be seen as poor. Manuel won a double in his first season and was deemed "senile", and "a fucking corpse" amongst other things.

Over to you pep, we're waiting..
Perhaps you're slightly missing the point of Guardiola. Winning things is not solely why he's been brought in, just like it wasn't the only reason Pellegrini was brought in. To use the cliche, it's about creating a philosophy and culture within the club that will last long after he's left. It's a huge task, i'd be surprised if it went totally smoothly.

He's the best candidate out there though.

We expect so little of pellegrini after all he's spent, we can hardly put the thumb screws on Guardiola.

I miss the old us. Teams used to be struck by fear by playing us and we used to absolutely destroy teams. How many great performance have we really had this season? We were the best footballing side in the league and now we play like a bunch of strangers on the pitch with apathy and a distinct lack of character. I hope when Pep arrives that we restore the exciting, free-flowing football that made us champions twice in the last three years.

I miss the old us. Teams used to be struck by fear by playing us and we used to absolutely destroy teams. How many great performance have we really had this season? We were the best footballing side in the league and now we play like a bunch of strangers on the pitch with apathy and a distinct lack of character. I hope when Pep arrives that we restore the exciting, free-flowing football that made us champions twice in the last three years.

This. Pellegrini has turned us from lions into lambs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.