What are your expectations for the next 3 seasons...

Whilst it isn't a given, it certainly is an expectation. You don't get the most wanted manager in world football to then not win anything.

We must be competing in every competition and winning stuff. Repeating this season in the premier league won't be acceptable
It will if we are doing everything right. It's not acceptable to not prepare and organise, have no game plan, have no ideas, have unbalanced formations, play players out of position, play players in areas of the pitch or in numbers in an area of the pitch where they're going to struggle, to have players clearly far less fit than the opposition, play into the opposition's hands with playing a high line but with a lack of pressure on the ball... I could go on and on and on...

However, we might do everything right but come a semifinal or second to last league game, a bad bounce of the ball or an unfortunate slip and we lose and the trophy is gone. But because we've done everything right, it is acceptable.

It will if we are doing everything right. It's not acceptable to not prepare and organise, have no game plan, have no ideas, have unbalanced formations, play players out of position, play players in areas of the pitch or in numbers in an area of the pitch where they're going to struggle, to have players clearly far less fit than the opposition, play into the opposition's hands with playing a high line but with a lack of pressure on the ball... I could go on and on and on...

However, we might do everything right but come a semifinal or second to last league game, a bad bounce of the ball or an unfortunate slip and we lose and the trophy is gone. But because we've done everything right, it is acceptable.

Agreed to a certain extent, your point about a bad bounce etc, may be okay as an exception but not the rule.
Football is a results driven business and winning is what we all want.

I'm fairly sure that, after 3 years under pep, and we've not won anything it will be considered a failure.

In all honesty, I expect 2 league titles, 2 do mestic trophies and 2 CL semi-final slots.......with some luck we might make a final. I'm basing that on the manager making some decent signings and him getting the best out of Sterling, KdB, Aguero and Iheanacho. I expect all our passengers to be gone (Yaya, Silva, Kompany, Zabaletta, Kolarov etc).

In all honesty, I expect 2 league titles, 2 do mestic trophies and 2 CL semi-final slots.......with some luck we might make a final. I'm basing that on the manager making some decent signings and him getting the best out of Sterling, KdB, Aguero and Iheanacho. I expect all our passengers to be gone (Yaya, Silva, Kompany, Zabaletta, Kolarov etc).

I think to call the first 4 in your list as passengers is somewhat erm ridiculous

I think to call the first 4 in your list as passengers is somewhat erm ridiculous
Just my opinion fella. I genuinely believe we wouldn't have been any worse off this season if they hadn't been there. Disappointed in every one of them, and one of them has been my favourite player since the take over.

Just my opinion fella. I genuinely believe we wouldn't have been any worse off this season if they hadn't been there. Disappointed in every one of them, and one of them has been my favourite player since the take over.

I think it's time for some to move on, Yaya certainly, Kompany unless he can sort his injury. Silva for me should stay around and Zab i suspect may want to move on

No need to refer to them as passengers

I think it's time for some to move on, Yaya certainly, Kompany unless he can sort his injury. Silva for me should stay around and Zab i suspect may want to move on

No need to refer to them as passengers
OK, you're entitled to your opinion. If you think 'passengers' is strong I'd suggest you don't visit the Yaya Toure thread or any Matchday thread!

Agreed to a certain extent, your point about a bad bounce etc, may be okay as an exception but not the rule.
Football is a results driven business and winning is what we all want.

I'm fairly sure that, after 3 years under pep, and we've not won anything it will be considered a failure.
Oh yes, I agree...I'm thinking just year one.

With the best owners and the best manager, we should be winning things. The extent of the overhaul is being exaggerated IMO.

Title next season
1 additional title
1 FA Cup
1 CL Championship
At least Semis of the CL every year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.