What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

Great to hear it's not just me..! How does he have a statue and Yaya doesn't...Give it a couple more seasons and he won't even be the best Silva to have worn the shirt (In my controversial opinion)!
Yaya doesn’t have a statue for two reasons:

1) He finally burnt his bridges with the club hierarchy when he accused Guardiola of being racist in an interview. He’s said he apologised but I doubt that will ever wash. I doubt they’ll ever forgive him however good he was for 4 years. (I say 4 years because he dropped off massively after his amazing 2013/14 season).

2) He didn’t stay 10 years.

Whilst I agree that Pep is our greatest ever manager I do firmly believe that if Pep had found himself 8 points behind united with 6 games left as Mancini did in 2012, with that squad etc, we would not have won the league in 2012.
We would not have won the pivotal derby as Pep would have spent the week leading up to it telling the entire world how special united were and how we were not yet at their level which would have been as good as a 2 goal headstart to them. I also don’t think we would have won the semi final the year before, which kick started the next ten years (and counting).

still rather have him over anybody else though. Definitely a case of both being the right man for the job at the exact times they found themselves at City.

I guess the lesson is that our board are fucking geniuses, and long may they reign.

David Silva - great player but overrated by some of our fanbase. 'Best player to play for the club' is the line that triggers me. Went missing too often in the big games and loved a stat pad vs the likes of Hull and Blackpool! As I said, great player but not the 'greatest'. Just my opinion ;).
Wholeheartedly agree. Not fit to lace Yaya’s boots.

I know the thread is about unpopular opinions but fuck me sideways.

By the way that stat padding at Hull was the single greatest performance ive ever seen by an outfield City player (Hart against Dortmund or Barca are the only singular performances to rival it)
But Yaya did it in ALL the big games, cometh the hour……

Yaya did do it in big games domestically but didn't stand out in Champions league games for us , City legend by all accounts and did have 2 outstanding seasons but for me although Silva didn't have a truly outstanding season like Yaya did he was so consistent every season and truly deserves his statue.

Silva didn't have the numbers Aguero had, didn't have the explosive moments Yaya had, didn't have the drive Kompany had but one thing he did have those guys didn't have is the ability to change the tempo of a game.
Slow it down, speed it up, he controlled a game like nothing I've seen before plus when his newborn was in a really bad way he didn't moan he just got on with having big balls.
Your opinions on David Silva aren't unpopular they're just wrong.

Ec4cZ8RX0AAQKn-.jpeg.jpg

Silva didn't have the numbers Aguero had, didn't have the explosive moments Yaya had, didn't have the drive Kompany had but one thing he did have those guys didn't have is the ability to change the tempo of a game.
Slow it down, speed it up, he controlled a game like nothing I've seen before plus when his newborn was in a really bad way he didn't moan he just got on with having big balls.
Your opinions on David Silva aren't unpopular they're just wrong.

View attachment 38497
Stat padding they say but there is no stat for constantly assisting the assist, which is exactly what he did time and time again for 10 seasons, through balls, defence splitting passes, quick one-two's for another player to square it into the box and goal.

The man was a metronome of consistency and all done with a quiet dignity and pride.

I saw somebody refer to them as the 'statue trio' what the actual fuck comment is that coming out of somebody's mouth/fingers as a City fan, unbelievable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.