What bread is everyone eating

My Sister made me a sandwich yesterday with sourdough bread..she said eat this its good for you..I said it tastes like shite. Not for me lads and lasses
Other than rolls...Sour dough is only 'bread' I eat, usually has a crap shelf life though!....she's right, it is the best bread for you ;) all the other including seeded stuff, is no good at all.

Other than rolls...Sour dough is only 'bread' I eat, usually has a crap shelf life though!....she's right, it is the best bread for you ;) all the other including seeded stuff, is no good at all.

Proper sourdough has a great shelf life.

I bake my own and have a linen bag I put them in before going in the bread bin and it’ll be good for 2/3 days as sandwiches and up to a week for toast - not that it ever lasts that long.

I have heard that a lot of supermarkets are making fake sourdough and that may be why it’s not lasting.

Real sourdough bread should only have 3 ingredients - flour, water, salt. If it’s got more than that (ie Yeast) then it’s just tricking you and you get the worst of both worlds because you don’t get the health benefits of the natural leavening and you don’t have the preservatives of traditional supermarket bread.

At the end of the day though… just eat what tastes nice to you.

Proper sourdough has a great shelf life.

I bake my own and have a linen bag I put them in before going in the bread bin and it’ll be good for 2/3 days as sandwiches and up to a week for toast - not that it ever lasts that long.

I have heard that a lot of supermarkets are making fake sourdough and that may be why it’s not lasting.

Real sourdough bread should only have 3 ingredients - flour, water, salt. If it’s got more than that (ie Yeast) then it’s just tricking you and you get the worst of both worlds because you don’t get the health benefits of the natural leavening and you don’t have the preservatives of traditional supermarket bread.

At the end of the day though… just eat what tastes nice to you.
yes, shelf life is much longer when using sourdough compared to commercial yeast. It won't smell yeast either the same way after a few days. I usually bake 4-6 loafs at a time, and stuck em in the freezer after they have cooled down. Except for one of course.
I store the bread I eat in the fridge and use the toaster, this way every slice tastes fresh as newly baked for 5 days (when it's usually finished).

Yes, and only use proper butter, no margarine.

The current Lady Snorkess just asked if I fancied 'marmite soldiers and a dippy egg'

Is this an offer of breakfast or a weird sexual position?

I made bread a few times, with guidance from my controller, bless her. It is surprisingly easy and actually quite therapeutic. I put garlic slices, very thin, in the dough, some dried basil
and poppy seeds on the outside on top of an egg wash with a teaspoon of honey and chilli flakes. To be honest, when it emerged from the oven I was chuffed. The only disappointment was I wasn’t carried through the village on the shoulders of the muggles and proclaimed King of Bread. Ungrateful cunts.

I would recommend you try making it. Worse case scenario, if you make an arse if it, the birds can have it.

I made bread a few times, with guidance from my controller, bless her. It is surprisingly easy and actually quite therapeutic. I put garlic slices, very thin, in the dough, some dried basil
and poppy seeds on the outside on top of an egg wash with a teaspoon of honey and chilli flakes. To be honest, when it emerged from the oven I was chuffed. The only disappointment was I wasn’t carried through the village on the shoulders of the muggles and proclaimed King of Bread. Ungrateful cunts.

I would recommend you try making it. Worse case scenario, if you make an arse if it, the birds can have it.
Don't you have that German bakery where you are, not been to Haadington for a few years now but they did great bread.

Sourdough certainly has yeast(and bacteria), just not bakers yeast.

Don't you have that German bakery where you are, not been to Haadington for a few years now but they did great bread.
I’ve never even heard of it. I am not allowed out much. I will investigate and slip my guards and find out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.