What City's success means to you?

Man City winning the Premiership is the only solution to settling the minds and dreams of all those kids that the Man City dads and mums of the late 60’s,/70’s/80’s inspired their young ones with. Its evident that it was a massive movement that wont go away and is still resonating. It looks like there is a window of opportunity at this time/era that is to wide to ignore. Interesting and positive times to be a blue..

Personally, seeing the England team (not squad) peppered with City players as I witnessed in the '70s

I'll just go mental, all the shit i've had as a blue over the years and they wont know whats hit them when i'll be screaming in there ears "BLUEMOON, YOU SAW ME STANDING ALONE...WITHOUT A DREAM IN MY HEART, WITHOUT A LOVE OF MY OWN...BLUEMOON!!!"

I was born in 1983. I have no memories of 'success'. I remember jumping into my brothers arms at Wembley in '99, and hugging my Dad (which we never did, he was a Wiganer, and a rugby league fan) when we won at Blackburn. I remember watching Kevin Keegan lift the First Division Trophy, and no-one celebrated, because we shouldn't have been there.

I remember a milkman laughing at me before we went down to the old division two. I was riding round near me wearing a City shirt on my bike and he pulled up alongside me. All he said was "City are going down again...ha ha ha".

If we win something, whether it be the Carling Cup, the FA Cup or in my wildest dreams, we're Premier League Champsions 2010, I will cry. Or even to hear the Champions League theme at COMS next year, I will cry.

My Dad has passed away since those days of hugging each other when SWP scored that goal in the first derby at COMS. The discussions of the games this season will never happen with him.

Sucess isn't the final for me, it's the journey I made to get here.

Whatever this season brings, I will be greateful. If the season carries on like these first 2 months have been, I will remember this season for the rest of my life.

I fear I may lose any respect I have amongst my Blue Brethren come May, because the opportunity may arise that I may weep a little. This is because I believe 'success' is within our grasp, or indeed, 'success' is in our hands.

But by 'eck, when it happens, that's when it will all make sense, those years of trying, those years of pain. That's when you'll realise what it means to me.

scall said:
I was born in 1983. I have no memories of 'success'. I remember jumping into my brothers arms at Wembley in '99, and hugging my Dad (which we never did, he was a Wiganer, and a rugby league fan) when we won at Blackburn. I remember watching Kevin Keegan lift the First Division Trophy, and no-one celebrated, because we shouldn't have been there.

I remember a milkman laughing at me before we went down to the old division two. I was riding round near me wearing a City shirt on my bike and he pulled up alongside me. All he said was "City are going down again...ha ha ha".

If we win something, whether it be the Carling Cup, the FA Cup or in my wildest dreams, we're Premier League Champsions 2010, I will cry. Or even to hear the Champions League theme at COMS next year, I will cry.

My Dad has passed away since those days of hugging each other when SWP scored that goal in the first derby at COMS. The discussions of the games this season will never happen with him.

Sucess isn't the final for me, it's the journey I made to get here.

Whatever this season brings, I will be greateful. If the season carries on like these first 2 months have been, I will remember this season for the rest of my life.

I fear I may lose any respect I have amongst my Blue Brethren come May, because the opportunity may arise that I may weep a little. This is because I believe 'success' is within our grasp, or indeed, 'success' is in our hands.

But by 'eck, when it happens, that's when it will all make sense, those years of trying, those years of pain. That's when you'll realise what it means to me.

Top post mate.

I remember what it felt like when City win a trophy. I want to feel like that again, it's been a long time, too long, since I felt that way. And I want those of you who don't know what it felt like to find out for yourselves.

We've paid our dues. It's time.

Been a City fan since i was 3 yrs old. Xmas that year, '74 involved a lot of City gear, all thanks to me uncle.

Spent many happy hours, and a few sad ones, in Maine Road, between the Kippax and the North stand, done the Wembley trips for Promotion finals, been to the new home too.

Took no end of shit as a kid living down south supporting City, but endured it all, and met a lot more City fans in this area.

I want trophys. We deserve trophys.

And those trophys are very close now.

My next City dream is to go abroad to watch them, i couldn't afford it last season, but im damn sure i will next time, come hell or high water.

CTID

some great and amazing honest post on here and we have all been honest. loved reading them, really brilliant, and to whoever said that they will cry when the champ league music will be played at coms, jesus hadnt even thought of that, lump in my throat as im typing and thinking of it, whats the words? lol

Nreddishblue said:
Bloody hell, I've got a tear in my eye reading this thread, god knows what I'll be like if we actually win something!

This ^^^^

Until I read this thread I hadnt thought about what it would mean personally, but all the personal memories and thoughts about what it will mean just brings a tear to the eye and I'm sat at work now, so when the trophies start, well I just cant begin to imagine the state I will be in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.