What do you miss about Maine Road?

The walk down platt lane to get the no 22 on mauldeth road with my mates back to burnage, and talking about the match, then getting chips at Wongs on Burnage Lane.

Apart from that, it was a shit hole in the 70's, slightly better in the 80's onwards.

Always someone pissing down the terrace steps. I thought 11 hole Dr martens were made to make me look hard, nope, it was so I could wade through the piss.

ohhhhh ...... and i miss liverpool visiting in the 70's. Always sharing their beer by yucking the bottles over, with that great wooshing sound they made as they flew past you and into some poor gits face .... arrr the good old days ...

With that said, I wish people would stop pissing in the sinks in the south stand toilets, I've just bought new Dr Martens.

I'd love to be sentimental, I had some great times at the old ground. But the CoMS is just so nice, it's a great stadium.

me and my dads walk back to the car. the atmosphere. laughing at the people in the gene kelly stand when it was pissing down and when i was sat in the kippax. the half time penalties.

jakeplattinblue said:
me and my dads walk back to the car. the atmosphere. laughing at the people in the gene kelly stand when it was pissing down and when i was sat in the kippax. the half time penalties.

i stood/sat in the windy corner for 16 years!!!
sun,snow,rain(mostly),sleet
best bit about it was when the away fans were put in the north stand,it was mental,espcially when we played oldham for some reason

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.