What do you think about united?

I only lived in Manchester for a few years so probably don't suffer from their fans so much. I do find that I have disliked them much more since the takeover when we became serious title contenders.

I do find it strange that some City fans seem more anti United than pro City. A mate (a season ticket holder who has been watching City for nearly 50 years) actually wanted Chelsea to beat us in 04/05 so that they would win the league rather than United. We weren't even safe from relegation at the time. And all of those City fans that cheered Liverpool beating them a few years ago, when we were competing with Liverpool for a CL spot. I don't get that.

cibaman said:
I only lived in Manchester for a few years so probably don't suffer from their fans so much. I do find that I have disliked them much more since the takeover when we became serious title contenders.

I do find it strange that some City fans seem more anti United than pro City. A mate (a season ticket holder who has been watching City for nearly 50 years) actually wanted Chelsea to beat us in 04/05 so that they would win the league rather than United. We weren't even safe from relegation at the time. And all of those City fans that cheered Liverpool beating them a few years ago, when we were competing with Liverpool for a CL spot. I don't get that.

I'm actually the opposite. I still hate them, but they have become more irrelevant as time goes on.

I hated them more for laughing at us when we were awful - not just the fans - the club too.

Kinda agree with post above used to hate them with a passion when we were awful but just find them a laughing stock now, long may it continue

Small time cunts.

Anything else is unnecessary as the above sums them up perfectly.

Re: What's do you think about united?

stony said:
I can't understand any blue of a certain age who has anything other than a deep seated loathing for them.
I'd be happy if they went out of existence tomorrow. I'd be even happier if it was a long slow painful death. A few years of no trophies, then falling out of the top 4, mid table for a season and then relegation down the leagues in consecutive years until finally they go out with a whimper.
This would be the perfect scenario^ (Maybe its already begun)

They are becoming/have become the irrelevance to us that we once were to them.

I dont worry about derby day anymore, simply dont pay attention to the cunts and when I do, its usually in wonder at the shite the press comes out with (e.g. the 'Galacticos majestic victory' over the mighty QPR ffs).

I've often wondered what it's like to grow up in a city with only one club – Leeds, Newcastle, Leicester, Hull or Nottingham (nowadays) for example. These fans never have a true derby like fans in Bristol, Sheffield, Liverpool, Glagow etc. Some might say it adds a bit of spice when there is local rivalry. But its different with the rags. They are everything written in this thread and more. Evicting the falilies of the Munich dead, for example, puts them in a different class.

For me, being a Mancunian and a City fan and knowing that they exist is like standing in the gardens of paradise with dog turd on your shoe.

I've just had a meeting with a bloke I am hoping is going to introduce some clients to me.

I have a picture of Maine Road on my office wall, and at the end of the meeting he said he was looking forward to the game tonight and it would be a "proper game of football". I could tell he wasn't a blue, so I assumed he must be a real neutral, but then he said that even though he was a Un*ted fan, he wanted City to do well in the Chumps League, and he thought it was great that we beat the dippers to the league last season.

Now, I can understand a rag not wanting the Scousers to get their 20th title, but it wouldn't matter how much business it might cost me, I would never, ever say anything complimentary about the rags, and certainly wouldn't wish anything other than pain, misery and failure for the club and its fans.

I once went to see a prospective client, and they kept me waiting in their boardroom for ages. They had signed pictures of Giggs and Mike Tyson on the wall. Before the meeting, I asked them whether pictures of a man who slept with his sister in law and a convicted rapist projected the best image of their business in a jokey manner. Strangely, I did not seal that particular deal.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The contrast between certain posters when commenting on united is palpable.

Some seem consumed with hatred for united in pretty much every respect. From the supporters, to the club or anyone remotely associated with it, now or in the past. They turn a blind eye to Shaun Goater, Denis Law and possibly Carlos Tevez's past association with united and occasionally make some begrudging compliment about Gary Neville's punditry abilities, but they're pretty sure about united's place in the food chain.

Others like to fall over themselves to appear fair and like to make sanctimonious comments about things that blues referred to in the category above have posted about united, seeing themselves as the forum's moral compass. They occasionally smirk about comments relating to Rooney and elderly prostitutes, and sometimes make some pithy post about united fans all being from London, but they secretly think to hate your enemy is a spiritual experience.

There are going to be so many different perspectives on our local neighbours for a whole number of reasons.

What's yours?

edit: fucking autocorrect. Just changed the thread title.

Rags see themselves as they are and don't question why, I see them as a bunch of cunts and think why not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.