What do you think about united?

Stockport mackem said:
From an outsiders perspective....in the mid 90's, I actually liked them, as they pipped Newcastle to the title.
Then, In December 2005, I moved and worked in Manchester.
I subsequently met the most obnoxious and arrogant bunch I had ever met.
Monday morning at work comments..."we only won 2-0, should have been more..poor performance"...to not even being allowed to talk football if they lost.

My hatred started to grow, and I used to delight in their defeat, I still remember the day at work City signed Robinho, they were complete arseholes.

I believe the Sunderlands fan reaction as Aguero scored and you won the league was representative of the country.
I now have a good few City mates...and I detest them as much as Newcastle.

Sent a shiver down my spine reading that and probably so true.

Always hated them, arrogant fans, self entitled cunts, however only one word sums up how i feel about them now................

IRRELEVANT!!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The contrast between certain posters when commenting on united is palpable.

Some seem consumed with hatred for united in pretty much every respect. From the supporters, to the club or anyone remotely associated with it, now or in the past. They turn a blind eye to Shaun Goater, Denis Law and possibly Carlos Tevez's past association with united and occasionally make some begrudging compliment about Gary Neville's punditry abilities, but they're pretty sure about united's place in the food chain.

Others like to fall over themselves to appear fair and like to make sanctimonious comments about things that blues referred to in the category above have posted about united, seeing themselves as the forum's moral compass. They occasionally smirk about comments relating to Rooney and elderly prostitutes, and sometimes make some pithy post about united fans all being from London, but they secretly think to hate your enemy is a spiritual experience.

There are going to be so many different perspectives on our local neighbours for a whole number of reasons.

What's yours?

edit: fucking autocorrect. Just changed the thread title.

Hate them with my every sinew. Any of their shit sponsors past, present and future can get to fuck as well.

You notably missed Peter Schmeichel off that list, his debut for us was blackburn home if I remember rightly, when his name was read out I refused to clap but by fulltime I thought he was a decent keeper. Am I in the "blind eye" catergory? Nah I'm just a fickle **** me.

I hate the hypocrisy of whole set up, from their arse licking media machine to their arrogant bullying plastics, they have instilled into the whole of football a dishonesty from blatant lies from the press and pundits, the cowardice running through football is rife with everyone having to tow the scum party line. Their has always been animosity between the clubs but for me it went to a whole new level after the semi at wembley.

I think my feelings on them have pretty much been covered in all of the posts so far. One area that this thread so far has barely scratched the surface of is how much amusement they have provided myself and other City fans with over the years. Here are just a few examples :

The Goalkeeping of Paddy Roache

Taggert shaking like a shitting dog at the Champions League Final as his team couldn't get a touch of the ball against Barcelona

The amount of chances they missed in that game at Upton Park, the day Blackburn won the title.

Losing not one, but two Cup Finals against lower league opposition. Bless you Bobby Stokes and John Sheridan.

The Grey shirts down at the Dell.

Michael Knighton Ball Juggling on the pitch.

The fan dressed like a Bay City Roller who fell off the roof at Carrow Road.

Every time we saw Schmeichal come up for a corner in Fergie time to no effect.

Ruud Van Nistelroy getting the kicking he deserved from the hard lads of Arsenal.

The sheer number of transfer disasters over the years - for every Lee Bradbury there has been a Veron.

The day Wiltord and co won the League at Old Trafford, Roy Keane being made to look foolish by Shearer, Phillipe Albert's chip for the fifth against Newcastle, Cantona in the crowd - literally hundreds of magic moments over the years.

My favourite and probably yours as well. Red Jumper woman in glasses.

Most on here will remember it and love him for it. Craig Bellamy's post match interview at Stamford Bridge on Wayne Bridge day. "Everyone in Football, knows what John Terry is like". On that theme -
everybody with even the slightest interest in Football knows what Manchester United are like as a club, institution, business model, sporting enterprise etc. We have a Bluemoon term for it - a four letter word beginning with "S" and ending with "M".

As City fans and after what most of us have been through, we own the moral high ground.

I really can't add to what others have already said, just to say that any club with that sort of sustained success and PR machine inevitably attracts all of the most pathetic, insecure people as fans. Because of their engineered dominance, there are rags, Liverpool fans and to a lesser extent Arsenal fans who have never known anything other than success. People who only chose to support that club through a combination of peer pressure and insecurity (believe me, the peer pressure to support the rags when you grow up outside of anywhere with an obvious "big" club to support is insane, especially in the North West). All of these clubs obviously have proper fans too, but they have the lions share of wankers. There are glory supporters for Chelsea too, but they haven't had that sort of sustained period of success that means there are adult Chelsea fans who have never known anything other than winning. And it takes a bit of losing to get a bit of humility. If you never lose, not only does it make you bad losers, it makes you even worse winners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.