What do you think about united?

Longing for the day they go into administration, are docked points, and subsequently relegated. Old Trafford is then broken down and sold to Jim D whilst City organise a CITC day out to go and piss on the ruins. The crowd are then ordered to evacuate the area as Uwe flys overhead, replacing whatever was left with a gigantic, dare I say massive smouldering crater. The entire United team will then be ordered to fall asleep on the next train to London Euston where they can be repeatedly slapped.

adrianr said:
Longing for the day they go into administration, are docked points, and subsequently relegated. Old Trafford is then broken down and sold to Jim D whilst City organise a CITC day out to go and piss on the ruins. The crowd are then ordered to evacuate the area as Uwe flys overhead, replacing whatever was left with a gigantic, dare I say massive smouldering crater. The entire United team will then be ordered to fall asleep on the next train to London Euston where they can be repeatedly slapped.
You've thought about this before, haven't you?

Re: What's do you think about united?

Johnsonontheleft said:
The answer to this question will depend on your age. As a teen growing up in the 90s, although I had a few United mates for the most part I saw them as arrogant bullies. I will never forget walking into school the day after they spanked us 5-0, head down and those twats taunted me and the other blues all day.

Several things I remember about that period that fueled the inbuilt hatred I have for that club now:

- the banner
- the 'City's going down like a Russian submarine' chant
- their 'Massive club' chant (Curly Watts as a celebrity fan, tallest floodlights etc)
- my dad kept going on about how much he hated them, and that a rag had ended Colin Bell's career
- ickle Citeh
- biased commentators on MoTD, Barry Davies being the worst
- jokes about 5 past Tracy lasting for about 3 years
- our relegations and their reaction to them
- they would always bang on about how Leeds were their biggest derby and that used to piss me off
- Ferguson getting away with everything eg driving down the hard shoulder because he needed a shit
- Cantona avoiding prison for his assault
- Scholes avoiding red cards every week
- Steve Bruce scoring an important goal 8 minutes into injury time (And all the subsequent Fergie Time incidents)

- a general sense that the dice were loaded in Man United's favour. So many decisions, so many let offs. Their fans would gloat and celebrate while I would traipse past Swales protests outside the Maine Stand. Maybe it was part jealousy, but it was mainly a sense of injustice, of cheats prospering.

I could talk at length about my total hatred of that football club but I will stop now and let someone else have a go.

All of the above still lingers with me. For the longest time, it's probably fair to say it even festered. Fuck me but there is just so much to dislike about that lot - especially, when you're surrounded by them, like I am here in Ireland.
Lately though, I've learnt to shrug most, if not all of it off. I don't know if it's a consequence of growing older, two leagues in three years or the reign of Agent Moyes but I'm a lot calmer and becoming more (Yes! It's the word of the month again!) philosophical. Nowadays, I mostly just ignore or laugh at them.
In the immortal words of my main man, Bob, "I used to care but things have changed".

Most of the lads I knock around with are reds. Good fellas, some hardly miss a game, all over England and Europe watching them but we can talk football for hours despite our differences.

Watched manyoo in a manyo local with them on Sunday and got called a 'city ****' twice before I got a pint by two tossers who have been to Trafford maybe 5 times between them. They are type of cunts who make me hate united.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.