What has been your worst moment following our club?

1-0 down against Darlington FA cup second round 1998.
Fans were arguing and fighting.
The City bench was being abused. The atmosphere was awful.
Luckily Dicky scored an equalizer.
10 days later we beat Darlington in the replay. Michael Brown scored only goal in front of fewer than 9000 fans.
The following week we went to York.......
That’s the game that promoted Willie Donnachie to do a piece in the MEN about how the whole club was being drowned in negativity from the stands. People forget about that when they reminisce about that season: it started off with the whole club at each other’s throats. It only turned around on Boxing Day.

Not in the top 50 for me, that one. It hurt a bit but we went on to win it anyway.
The way the stats aligned that we could win it and rub their faces in it and show the whole world we were the team and they were finished ,and in typical city fashion we balls it up.
Plenty of low points in the past agreed

That’s the game that promoted Willie Donnachie to do a piece in the MEN about how the whole club was being drowned in negativity from the stands. People forget about that when they reminisce about that season: it started off with the whole club at each other’s throats. It only turned around on Boxing Day.
I’ve said always said the Gerard Wiekens goal at Wrexham on Boxing Day turned everything around that season without that they’d of been no dickov goal at Wembley.

Luton by far the worse for me, the week before loads of us had been singing and dancing at Hove station, having just won a tight game at Brighton 1-0. We only needed a draw at home to Luton, at team that had just been battered 5-1 at home to Everton. We had done the hard bit, or so we thought.
I knew we were in trouble on way to game, some brain dead idiot rammed into my car whilst I was sat at traffic lights outside express building at Ancoats, bad day all round

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.