What has the UK become?

Environment
A change to the voting system

Thats two and in fairness they trump pretty much everything else.
Which is fine, but in doing so, you also voted for an open border policy. It doesn’t mean you endorse it, but it was in their manifesto.

No party is going to match all of a person’s wants/wishes, so you vote for the one that is closest.

Quite a hard read that.
It is a hard read, it is notable that...

"Belgium reportedly denied him asylum by arguing that Basra, his hometown in Iraq, was classified as a safe area. He said his children spent the last seven years staying with a relative in Sweden, but that he was recently informed that they would be deported, with him, to Iraq."

I do think that there is a bit of an image on this thread that other countries are more welcoming and that the UK is an outlier, which is clearly not the case. Of course that doesn't help people like this poor bugger.

Which is fine, but in doing so, you also voted for an open border policy. It doesn’t mean you endorse it, but it was in their manifesto.

No party is going to match all of a person’s wants/wishes, so you vote for the one that is closest.

In fairness I was replying to a poster who has spent a ridiculous amount of time, day after day, week after week etc... for years on these 2 subjects. I think it's somewhat hopeful to deflect with they may not be a priority.

I spend most time(nowhere near the amount of some) on the environment and our voting system. It would be somewhat odd if I didn't vote Green.

The rest of the time is showing people the gaping holes in their logic and their stupendous hypocrisy.

Anyhow he wanted the politicians to solve these complicated problems so I'm surprised he votes at all tbh.

In fairness I was replying to a poster who has spent a ridiculous amount of time, day after day, week after week etc... for years on these 2 subjects. I think it's somewhat hopeful to deflect with they may not be a priority.

I spend most time(nowhere near the amount of some) on the environment and our voting system. It would be somewhat odd if I didn't vote Green.

The rest of the time is showing people the gaping holes in their logic and their stupendous hypocrisy.

Anyhow he wanted the politicians to solve these complicated problems so I'm surprised he votes at all tbh.
Fair enough.

I think we have 2 options. Revert to how it was when we were in the EU and Dublin agreement, or go more and more crazy creating more and more zany schemes to deflect away from the problem, without really resolving it.

On the Rwanda scheme it seems they paid someone £3k plus airfare and board and lodgings for five years to go. Firstly, good luck to the person involved although I reckon they could have shook the Govt down for a larger up front payment and secondly, I don’t think paying and subsidising people to leave is going to be a deterrent- indeed for some it may be an incentive :)
Might become a lucrative career move.
I wonder how many times you could do it in a year?
I‘d imagine there are a couple of MP’s wondering how they can get in on the act already……

Well France wont accept them back and they came from an EU country namely France, all they have done is skipped through the UK to get to another EU country. How is that our fault?

If the EU are doing very little to prevent them making the journey through their borders to France then how is that our issue if they make it to Ireland?
Because France and the UK were both parties to the Dublin agreement under which they would have been sent back to France, which is why pre-Brexit this wasn't a problem.

The regulations made under the Dublin agreement which compelled the French to accept our returnees no longer apply to us because we are no longer bound by the treaties that made that so.

In other words, this flows directly from Brexit because we are no longer parties to the very treaty which prevented this from happening - namely the Dublin agreement.

Funny how those who advocated Brexit aren't particularly shouting from the rooftops that this is a direct consequence. They all knew what they were voting for, after all. Even more funny that those shouting most loudly about this issue are exactly the same people who shouted so loudly in favour of Brexit in the first place.

Because France and the UK were both parties to the Dublin agreement under which they would have been sent back to France, which is why pre-Brexit this wasn't a problem.

The regulations made under the Dublin agreement which compelled the French to accept our returnees no longer apply to us because we are no longer bound by the treaties that made that so.

In other words, this flows directly from Brexit because we are no longer parties to the very treaty which prevented this from happening - namely the Dublin agreement.

Funny how those who advocated Brexit aren't particularly shouting from the rooftops that this is a direct consequence. They all knew what they were voting for, after all.

It doesn't change the fact that we are not in the EU anymore and that France wont take them back, time has moved on blaming the UK isn't helping in the slightest.

In fact the UK not allowing the EU to send them back is reciprocal, all the EU/France had to do is not allow them to get on boats to the UK in the first place.

We all know that all roads lead to Brexit and anything that happens after Brexit is just wrong, when the UK claim that we want to send migrants back there's an uproar but when Ireland ask for the same thing there's a gallery of nodders and winkers (SP) agreeing with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.