What if?

i like to dream at the start of the season, before the reality kicks in.

i keep asking myself, when was the last time we look like a top 4 team, because the way we`ve been playing i cant see where the next point is coming from.

unless its a point from wolves away.

half empty

We beat west brom,we beat Norwich,we beat wolves,Ballotelli back for the derby,what could possibly go wrong? :)

DanCity2890 said:
Let's say hypothetically that we won and united lost tonight.
That puts us back within 5 points.
We play norwich saturday and beat them also, that's 2 points. United then draw and the gap is all of a sudden only 3 points.
The week before the derby we beat wolves away and they only manage a draw at home to everton who aim to finish the season on a high, whilst still looking to take some frustration out on someone after being humiliated by liverpool at wembley. An angry scouser would surely be cheered up getting one over on a manchester team and potentially spoiling their season.
Within the space of a few weeks the gap is narrowed to only one point, creating the most important and most electrifying manchester derby in years.
What a cracking end to the finish line that would be.
All of a sudden the race is well and truly back on.

It's not impossible. Stranger things have happened.

Then typical City would kick in and we would lose the Derby!

Its a nice idea but it just isnt going to happen! Villa getting a draw at United with Ireland playing? That was one step too far! The rags are 1/25 to win the title on Betfair for a reason.

It really isn't over. A WIgan win or draw tonight,city beating WBA and momentum shifts. Still a lot to play for.

friend said:
It really isn't over. A WIgan win or draw tonight,city beating WBA and momentum shifts. Still a lot to play for.

your username makes me a bit vary,

last time i heard someone use "all right friend" we didnt sit down for tea and biscuits, it was more of a last man standing sort of thing.

only if it snows in the desert and we have a sunny bank holiday....
Pam said:
In the laughably unlikely event that the rags fail to beat Wigan tomorrow but we pick up three points convincingly V West Brom, would you give us a prayer of winning league? If we weren't playing like twatzoids, I'd have hope in that scenario, were it nit fiwe look a million miles off the pace and would probably fail to take advantage of a United slip.

What say you?

We need to win every game and our away form of late has been poor. Norwich and Newcastle are both difficult fixtures in view of our form.
Meanwhile it is feasible that they could drop points to Wigan,Everton,Us and Sunderland. Villa cannot beat an egg at the moment and Swansea will bottle Old Trafford.

So it could be close and I would suggest that Mancini needs to throw off the shackles at Wolves and go for a cricket score. This is achievable as they are playing very poorly at this time. A good score and a reduced points gap will get them twitching
If we can do it - it may be down to goals - so here's hoping that the 6 we scored at the swamp come in handy.

Sadly, we aren't going to beat Roy Hodgson's in-form outfit, so why bother dreaming? So long as we finish ahead of the Arsenal and don't lose to the Rags, I will be happy and Roberto will keep his job.

We'll squeak it tonight, West Brom are decent on the break, playing without pressure.

Unfortunately, it is not Wigan's previous reluctance to attack which is the problem.

They are awful in defence, but you never know.

I agree, there will be some late twist in terms of United's own results, worst thing would be to accept it is all now over and then regret where we would have closed the gap.

If United fail to win tonight, and the gap is 5/6 points, it is back on, at least until we go to Norwich.

Win there, and the gap is 2/3. I expect United to lose one more (City).

They could easily draw three more, Wigan/Villa/Everton/Swansea and Sunderland.

that's 9 pts there.

The size of the task facing, though, is us having to win all our games and see where it leaves us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.