What's the 'roughest' area in GTR MCR

Re: What's the 'roguhest' area in GTR MCR

peoffrey said:
The roguhest area? I don't think you can pinpoint one over all the others.

I grew up in Middleton and had Langley Village to contend with whenever I went to visit my Grandparents. I'd never want to be around there at night on my own. The rest of Midd is alright.

Longsight as a Student was an awful experience. Several of us got attacked and I was racially abused by Asians a few times - yet Rusholme / Victoria Park was fine. No problems.

Moss Side would get my vote. I'll never forget a Kid on a BMX pointing his fingers like a gun and screaming "boom" at me as he cycled off. He can barely of been 12.

Terrifying stuff, thank god it was not loaded.....jesus.

Gorton gets my vote.

And to the poster who slagged off South MCR can he explain why south MCR is vastly more wealthy than oop north?

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
peoffrey said:
The roguhest area? I don't think you can pinpoint one over all the others.

I grew up in Middleton and had Langley Village to contend with whenever I went to visit my Grandparents. I'd never want to be around there at night on my own. The rest of Midd is alright.

Longsight as a Student was an awful experience. Several of us got attacked and I was racially abused by Asians a few times - yet Rusholme / Victoria Park was fine. No problems.

Moss Side would get my vote. I'll never forget a Kid on a BMX pointing his fingers like a gun and screaming "boom" at me as he cycled off. He can barely of been 12.

Gorton gets my vote.

And to the poster who slagged off South MCR can he explain why south MCR is vastly more wealthy than oop north?

Haha. I didn't notice that, but now aware of it, I think it's time for the op to sort his head out.

I've lived all over Gtr Manchester and it does fall down to what you fear than what is rough.
I've lived in areas full of Immigrants/Asylum Seekers etc and I've felt quite safe as they haven't bothered myself - you might read a news article saying XXXX XXXX has been found guilty of drug dealing at XXXX street in cheetham hill, yet %99.9 of the time he is driving dropping off the drugs in more affluent areas you probably live in.
And the story a few months later about XXXX XXXX being shot, these are %99.9 of the time "Hits" where the target is known and a bullet is fired, not exactly a random event.

I've felt more fear living in the more affluent areas such as where I am now (Tottington) where young lads can afford to buy the Coke off XXXX XXXX from Cheetham Hill and go on a rampage all night in my back yard.
So yea I've felt safer living in more rougher looking areas, they are seen as an hideout and offer security for people looking to do illegal activities (and this doesn't mean going on coke binges and fighting random people in the street)

I've had more issues living opposite a pub full of white men in a affluent area than living opposite Abdul who just cut up coke for a living for his mate, bagged it up and drove around your posh estate selling it to the BMW driving accountant

Nowhere is that rough. I've been/lived on some shit tips and felt safer than anywhere else down to the fact that I was with mates who lived there or known people who lived there. Darnhill, dicky bird, langley, kirkholt, etc, all just places that people live.

Having been brought up in whalley range (moss side end) it was pretty rough growing up as a kid, never really seen anything to bad ,but stuff certainly went on down there.
I still think Longsight is the worst place in Manchester with the likes of West gorton and gorton not to far behind.
Having said all this when i travelled to Brazil( RIO) to see a good freind of mine i stayed in a favela called Rocinha and i can tell you it makes Longsight look like Hale barnes, there where guys walking around with guns that i can only describe as RAMBO styled guns and they were everywhere. I could not sleep at night because all i could hear was automatic gun fire Fu##in scary.
I dont think any of our plastic gangsters or gangsters would survive two minutes over there, they would shit themselves.
When looking at the big picture these places we have mentioned are relative to the uk but on a worldwide scale we are very lucky ! Manchester V Rio no contest on the rough scale. And im glad i can say this.

Used to subby for the council a for years back, found places like Mosside, Longsight, Cheetham Hill not too bad as it was mainly gangs than scallies, and we were no threat to the gangs so didnt affect us,
Get to places like Gorton, Moston, Damhead, Harpurhey and parts of Wivvy and it was just Scally central, fely more under threat for myself, my tools and my van in those kind of areas where the scallies didnt give a shit.

Rochdale is a century behind the times, and Bacup is Amish country, that place is just a toilet overspill.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
peoffrey said:

Hmm... Have you ever done that to anyone? Would you be pleased if your Son was riding about the streets at Midnight doing that? The whole point is that one day there could be a gun in his hands. He certainly had the "right" attitude.

Put the thing in to a proper context and have a think about it.

bluemoonmcfc said:
Obviously places like Longsight, Cheetam Hill and Moss Side usually get a mention when thinking of some of Manchester's roughest areas but what areas are the roughest in the surrounding areas.

Having grew up in Rochdale some of the worst areas I seen where Bacup, Darnhill in Heywood, Newbold in Rochdale, Langley in Middleton and an area of Bury I can't remember the name of.

bacup aint that rough its just full of in-breds!

pominoz said:
Pigeonho said:
New Moston, from The Broadway upwards, (going towards Moston lane East down Nuthurst Rd), is a nice area and not just saying that because I live there. God i've had some scrapes right in the middle of it, so it has its nob heads too, (me included once upon a time!). Moston Lane though, well it was always rough as growing up as a kid in the late 80's early 90's, but now its been taken over by the Somalians moving across from Claremont Rd. All the pubs have shut, and i'm talking old school pubs like the Ben Brierley, and the place is all but unrecognisable. People don't appreciate the difference between the two areas but if you took a drive from Asda Harpurhey up along Moston Lane, did a right onto Nuthurts Road and then drove all the way past the Miners estate, over the Broadway junction onto Nuthurst park way, people would see the difference between the two.

The Ben Brierley,bloody hell that takes me back.
I also lived in the flats opposite The Clough Hotel,before moving out to Australia,again a great pub and area.

me nans brother was landlord at the ben years back and her other brother was in the farmyard down the road for some time to.

Rudd street 3 years ago was a horrible place to live, now it's so much better, quieter, less violence and burglarys due to the culprits being evicted not only from their homes but from the area and being sent to prison, moston had its problems but I have seen first hand a vast improvement over the last two years and hopefully it will continue to improve even more, the opening of the police headquarters has definitely helped the area in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.