Where did this season go so wrong?

Shaelumstash said:
manimanc said:
rickmcfc said:
Last summers transfer window. We are a weaker squad than last season. End of discussion.
this^^^^^^all day long....

We had the chance to build a sporting dynasty in the summer, and instead we are looking at having to completely rebuild the squad at the end of the season, and because of FFP we no longer have the capacity to be able to get the top players.

Its sickening to think we have missed a huge opportunity. Already we can see the likes of Liverpool, spurs, arsenal gradually emerging as improving teams. With a couple of good signings in the summer we could've kept our advantage over them and still be within the financial limits. Instead it will likely be a more level playing field next season.

Next 2 weeks may ruin our entire campaign. A loss to Leeds blows the FA Cup (home loss to lower dividion team!!!) and a loss to Chelsea puts them 1 point behind us and hands them the momentum to drive on to 2nd place.

However, this has not been a "bad" season, with the exception of the CL, which was destroyed in the last 5 mins of the RM game away! Too many draws and too many "come from behind" scenarios! Not what one expects from the Champions, but ANY team would have had to have a ridiculously good season to match United's current record breaking season....just too bad it has to be them!

citymad said:
Shaelumstash said:
manimanc said:
this^^^^^^all day long....

We had the chance to build a sporting dynasty in the summer, and instead we are looking at having to completely rebuild the squad at the end of the season, and because of FFP we no longer have the capacity to be able to get the top players.

Its sickening to think we have missed a huge opportunity.

I think its more to do with the attitude of what we already have rather than if we would be better we what we don't have.

The squad we have is good enough to win more titles its more a question of whether RM is the best person to achieve the best this group can deliver or whether we need a change.

Personally despite being capable I don't think the current lot we have will bring more trophies so changes are needed player wise and at other levels.

This season RM hasn't been able to get the best out of the playing group often enough and while I think some circumstances beyond RM's control have conspired against him we will need to bring in some real quality that can hit the ground running from day 1 next year like Bale and may need a manager better placed to take us to where we want to be in the future.

Aguero getting injured.
Tevez was fit for the first 4 weeks of the season then couldn't be arsed and went back to the pies.
Kompany injuries.
Milner injuries.
Yaya shadow of the player he was last season.
Joe Hart thinking he is world class and has no competition.
Playing that little weed Nasri.

It goes on and on..but the main reason it's gone wrong is the players have lost there bottle and don't seem interested in playing for Mancini.

Bobbies Black Bins said:
Aguero getting injured.
Tevez was fit for the first 4 weeks of the season then couldn't be arsed and went back to the pies.
Kompany injuries.
Milner injuries.

It goes on and on..but the main reason it's gone wrong is the players have lost there bottle and don't seem interested in playing for Mancini.

Agreed and importantly is whether the word seem should read are not because we know they can and should be doing much better than the last three efforts they have dished out and the growing list of sub standard performances under RM strongly suggests he can no longer inspire the group to get the job done.

Bobbies Black Bins said:
Aguero getting injured.
Kompany injuries.
Milner injuries.

Aguero got injured, true.
Tevez didn't went back to the pies, he just lost his goalscoring touch.
Kompany was injured, true.
Milner was injured, true.
Yaya was a shadow of his former self, true.
I don't agree with fans thinking they are in Joe's head. He just had a dip in form, that's all I can say.
Nasri endured bad luck with the fans. He showed some sign of form around Nov-Dec, but got an injury straight after and a red card after another.

The players, in conclusion, just seem to lose confidence in themselves. Without Kompany, there's no source of inspiration. Dzeko's the one scoring, but he's not the type that seems to inspire the players. Aguero could be a source of inspiration, yet he's too young to drive the team on.

If anything, I blame the window. We lost our only wide player and Nigel, who was an important, driven player in the dressing room - and we got subpar replacements.

Ducado said:
But if we finish 2nd has it gone wrong? What if we win the FA cup? Get a grip we won't win it every year I don't think some of us understand this

This

For me it started when we had Arsenal at Home and we started dropping some important points, there was also the Everton draw, and then losing to Utd, just gave them the intiative, also we've had a bad run of injuries especially the one's that kept recurring i.e hamstrings, and also the team as a whole has just not clicked like last season, just too slow in our attacks, and when teams come to us and park the bus, we run out of idea's soon on how to get at them...................we still have games to play and we need to nail down the second spot at least................

I think the winning of the title last season has taken it's toll. We wanted a moment or to catch our collective breaths and we find ourselves in the most difficult CL group I can ever remember! We haven't got to grips with the pressure of being Champ16ns!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.