Where do you stand on this (fast food places)

Nope, nowhere near as many actual cafes today as there were in the 80's and 90's it really is mostly Greggs Poundbake and varieties of fried shit on offer.

We are not talking restaurants either we are talking about grabbing some food on the go whilst you are out shopping, being a foodie has nothing to do with it.
Need to look harder.

Shouldn't have to look harder that's the point.
Don’t think your trying at all to be honest. Even if you did though it doesn’t matter it is what it is if you want good food it’s there. Just because you can’t always stand in the middle of the High street and expect it to find you.
My town has a Greggs with queues out onto the street, within 2 minutes I could show you a couple of small bakers a family run sandwich shop, and 3 really good small cafes with freshly cooked food.
As I say most places we visit we find that, just not in shopping malls.

Don’t think your trying at all to be honest. Even if you did though it doesn’t matter it is what it is if you want good food it’s there. Just because you can’t always stand in the middle of the High street and expect it to find you.
My town has a Greggs with queues out onto the street, within 2 minutes I could show you a couple of small bakers a family run sandwich shop, and 3 really good small cafes with freshly cooked food.
As I say most places we visit we find that, just not in shopping malls.

One cafe where I am and it's expensive mate, very expensive. Most people I know eat in supermarket canteens because of the cost of eating in these twee little bistro like cafes selling over priced food.

We actually do need more greasy spoons that serve breakfasts and have dinner menus too. If you live in a place that has that then you're pretty fortunate.

One cafe where I am and it's expensive mate, very expensive. Most people I know eat in supermarket canteens because of the cost of eating in these twee little bistro like cafes selling over priced food.

We actually do need more greasy spoons that serve breakfasts and have dinner menus too. If you live in a place that has that then you're pretty fortunate.
So you want cheep, don’t want bistro’s ,decent restaurants that charge for good quality don’t want twee. So when you say there is only burgers and chicken and Greggs, you were wrong. What you’re saying is what you want are 70s 80s style cheap transport cafs, sure they still exist in plenty of places but tastes have changed especially younger people are looking for other things.
Having said that was in London a month ago there are loads of places doing just what you want, big breakfasts and dinner. menus. Can’t move for them. Plenty around Manchester and most big cities and towns too.

What you’re saying is what you want are 70s 80s style cheap transport cafs, sure they still exist in plenty of places but tastes have changed especially younger people are looking for other things.

Yup I agree, like burgers chicken and pizza which is why the country is getting fatter and fatter.

20 years ago I was living in Sydney, and I got into this MD sort who raved about this area. She took me one Friday evening and I couldn't believe all the different styles of food on offer from all around the world. It was mint! We opted for Tai and it was spot on. A few days later we went to a Indonesian place which was equally as good. The actual place was a bit rough around the edges but I think that added to its charm. I really think KFC or Maccy Ds etc would not fit in there. Why would you eat that shite when you've got gorgeous proper food outlets next door.

Is it just a destination for locals or also a tourist hotspot?

Because McDonald's do pretty well in places right nextdoor to China Town in London.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.