where was you 10 years ago this sunday?

On double decker coach with the Morecambe bay supporters club going to Wembley. I remember seeing Brian Horton at a service station and all City fans shouting his name......

Walking out of Wembley on 87 mins (ish) at 2-0 down with tears streaming and cussing the f*cking sh*te team that had given me nothing but misery, year in year out.

*hangs head in deep shame*

Running like fuck back in on 89mins loving the club that had given me so many happy memories down the years!!!

Wembley! Thanks to the lad who gave us his last couple of cigarettes when Dickie equalised. He didn't smoke, but had got through 18 in the previous 95 minutes of football. If you're on here, mate, cheers.

I had been sat on a coach for fricking ages with a big daft stupid inflatable alien sat on me knee - got to Wembley way and the atmosphere was amazing. there was even some bird (wasted obviously) getting her baps out to everyone that passed. She was even stood on top of a phonebox at one point and dropped her pants!! LOL...... Anyway my day was devasted when gillingham got the 2nd and i popped my stupid fucking alien!! It was my brothers stupid idea to take them. Id had enough just wanted to go home, but couldnt get the thought of a 6 hour trip home on the coach then the realisation on another year in Div 2 started to sink in before Horlock got one back. In my eyes that made it worse - the fact that we had come all that way and lost by one goal!!

the rest as they say, is history.......... :)

m27 said:
I was 23 but travelled down in the car with my Dad because I knew if I went with my mates my Dad would have to go on his own. I honestly hadn't even contemplated defeat but when Gillingham's second goal I just remember hearing my Dad say, "Shit" and I slumped in my seat head in hands. Never have I felt so empty at a City game. This was ten times worse than any relegations. There was a lad in front of me in front of me crying uncontrobally. I just felt numb.

When Horlock's goal went in I was unmoved. There was absolutely no point in celebrating becuase there was nothing to celebrate. We were in the Second Division for another season. It was no longer 'a laugh' - another season would ruin us. The crowds would drop and there was no guarantee that the new ground would be built now....

When that second goal went in, I have never, and will never feel the same way again unless I manage to survive a major disaster. Every single possible emotion was running through my body, disbelief, elation, relief...the one image I remember more than any is when I turned left to my Dad after realising that the ball HAD actually hit the net - he's a man of little emotion normally but the delight on his face was unbelievable and we both hugged each other before some hulk of a man I had never met before picked me up and twirled me around like a rag doll.

We will win something in my lifetime, of that I'm sure, but you won't be able to replicate that feeling. It's easy to look back now and presume we were always going to be in this position, not the wealth but an established Premiership club, but there was a time during that particular season when no-one could see us playing United in a league game, on a level footing, EVER again. That goal saved us from all manner of potential horrors and it's importance should never be played down or underestimated.
The very best post i've ever had the pleasure of reading on any forum.

Really sums up how far we've come and really captures the bond that City can create between a dad and his son. Amazing.

m27 said:
I was 23 but travelled down in the car with my Dad because I knew if I went with my mates my Dad would have to go on his own. I honestly hadn't even contemplated defeat but when Gillingham's second goal I just remember hearing my Dad say, "Shit" and I slumped in my seat head in hands. Never have I felt so empty at a City game. This was ten times worse than any relegations. There was a lad in front of me in front of me crying uncontrobally. I just felt numb.

When Horlock's goal went in I was unmoved. There was absolutely no point in celebrating becuase there was nothing to celebrate. We were in the Second Division for another season. It was no longer 'a laugh' - another season would ruin us. The crowds would drop and there was no guarantee that the new ground would be built now....

When that second goal went in, I have never, and will never feel the same way again unless I manage to survive a major disaster. Every single possible emotion was running through my body, disbelief, elation, relief...the one image I remember more than any is when I turned left to my Dad after realising that the ball HAD actually hit the net - he's a man of little emotion normally but the delight on his face was unbelievable and we both hugged each other before some hulk of a man I had never met before picked me up and twirled me around like a rag doll.

We will win something in my lifetime, of that I'm sure, but you won't be able to replicate that feeling. It's easy to look back now and presume we were always going to be in this position, not the wealth but an established Premiership club, but there was a time during that particular season when no-one could see us playing United in a league game, on a level footing, EVER again. That goal saved us from all manner of potential horrors and it's importance should never be played down or underestimated.
The very best post i've ever had the pleasure of reading on any forum.

Really sums up how far we've come and really captures the bond that City can create between a dad and his son. Amazing.

Disco said:
I had been sat on a coach for fricking ages with a big daft stupid inflatable alien sat on me knee - got to Wembley way and the atmosphere was amazing. there was even some bird (wasted obviously) getting her baps out to everyone that passed. She was even stood on top of a phonebox at one point and dropped her pants!! LOL...... Anyway my day was devasted when gillingham got the 2nd and i popped my stupid fucking alien!! It was my brothers stupid idea to take them. Id had enough just wanted to go home, but couldnt get the thought of a 6 hour trip home on the coach then the realisation on another year in Div 2 started to sink in before Horlock got one back. In my eyes that made it worse - the fact that we had come all that way and lost by one goal!!

i was about 10 on the swans coach from the broadway pub in moston, sneaking cheeky swigs of my dads and his mates crate of San Miguel.
Cried when we equalised, remember it like it was yesterday.
My favourite city experience to date, closely followed by the humblings we gave them lot at COMS and Maine Road

Disco said:

we took two of them bloody things down. my mates was in full kit and he threw it when we scored never to be seen again. getting goosebumps readng these posts, what a day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.