where was you 10 years ago this sunday?

Visiting the girlfriend (now wife) in hospital when she lost her sight temporarily, watched the penalty shoot out on teletext in the day room, got back home to watch it on video and found that her dad had changed the channel about 5 secs before dickov scored so never even got to see the shootout!!!!!!!

Sat with 17 of my family in a row, best weekend of my life, nine of my mates went down in a transit stayed at a mates in kenton, DIDNT leave. cried when dickov scored, and again at the end of the penalties. Does anyone remember the big city fan climbing onto the overhang bit of a pub (cant remember which one) by the ground? big joint in his mouth and a big checked city flag, dibble told him to get down and then five minutes later he got up again, starkers! Straight into the van and missed the game. legend

In the gods at Wembley - am sure my brother's flag touched the roof when he waved it.

Feelings - utter despare, then hope, then elation (Dickov's goal). I then felt 100% certain that we would win on penalties, and we did. The coach of blues going back to Manchester was completely silent - everyone was exhausted after going through all those emotions. What a day.

m27 said:
I was 23 but travelled down in the car with my Dad because I knew if I went with my mates my Dad would have to go on his own. I honestly hadn't even contemplated defeat but when Gillingham's second goal I just remember hearing my Dad say, "Shit" and I slumped in my seat head in hands. Never have I felt so empty at a City game. This was ten times worse than any relegations. There was a lad in front of me in front of me crying uncontrobally. I just felt numb.

When Horlock's goal went in I was unmoved. There was absolutely no point in celebrating becuase there was nothing to celebrate. We were in the Second Division for another season. It was no longer 'a laugh' - another season would ruin us. The crowds would drop and there was no guarantee that the new ground would be built now....

When that second goal went in, I have never, and will never feel the same way again unless I manage to survive a major disaster. Every single possible emotion was running through my body, disbelief, elation, relief...the one image I remember more than any is when I turned left to my Dad after realising that the ball HAD actually hit the net - he's a man of little emotion normally but the delight on his face was unbelievable and we both hugged each other before some hulk of a man I had never met before picked me up and twirled me around like a rag doll.

We will win something in my lifetime, of that I'm sure, but you won't be able to replicate that feeling. It's easy to look back now and presume we were always going to be in this position, not the wealth but an established Premiership club, but there was a time during that particular season when no-one could see us playing United in a league game, on a level footing, EVER again. That goal saved us from all manner of potential horrors and it's importance should never be played down or underestimated.

Went down on the Friday with missus, my mate and my dad.....stayed at friend's in St Albans. Met up in a pub in the eve with a Blue who lives down there too, and we all had a few beers. Up early on the Sunday, great cooked brekkie from our Chelsea fan hosts, then set off for the train, getting odd looks from locals with all our City gear on.....even the Chelski fan (who had somehow gotten a ticket from somewhere....?)

As for the game.....well, as M27 describes above......I have always said that no matter what I may see City win in the future, that it couldn't eclipse the feeling when Dickov's shot hit the back of the net. Still stand by it too.
From the depths of despair, looking up at my old man as I slouched on the seat, saying 'Well, they've dicked us again....built us all up for a huge fall'. Knowing the rags would be wetting themselves.....to the heights of emotion unparralelled at a game.
I didn't doubt for a minute of extra time or penalties that we would win....it was meant to be.

After the game, said to Chelsea mate, how it mustn't have been as emotional for him, being a neutral, and he replied 'At that moment I wasn't a neutral, believe me...'
Met up with the missus and Chelsea mate's missus, who had supposedly gone shopping, but had kept nipping in pubs to check on City, and were pissed when we met them! Pub was full of Blues (and a fair few Gill's fans too) all singing the immortal 'You can stick your fcuking treble up your a*se''

Despite having seen City lift cups at Wembley in the past, as a kid, that for me is the best day as a Blue ever......

Firstly, it should be where WERE you, not was.

I was at Wembely with my family and was 17 years of age, had just passed my driving test and had one of the best days of my life-happy times......and no I did not leave!

What a day. City didn't do comebacks. God was with us that day. That's when we knew we were going right back to the top. Still on that journey now but it started there and will never ever be forgotten. Trafalgar Square afterwards drinking champers and singing you can shove yer feckin treble up yer arse sideways for the benefit of the cockney rags. Magic.

In a pub in Torquay - On holiday with my family - Mrs wouldn't let me go to wembely.

Pi$$ed out of my skull with a load of Birmingham fans (fcuks knows why they were in town)

Didn't sober up fo 2 days (Mrs was well miffed - that'll teach her HAHA)

Wwnt down to London on Friday on the piss for a couple of days. Wembley on Sunday shed a few tears ( i was just a bit tired!!!), back to Traf square at night lost my voice back to gods country on Monday. What a weekend

I enjoyed my first trip to Wembley, enjoyed a BK on the drive back up north with massive grin on my face (because of the football, not the bk... although the bk was probably good) Got back, watched the match again after recording it on Sky. And then watched it again.

On a weekend away in Northumberland. I gave my ticket to a relative who lives in the south because I was so convinced City would walk it. She left at 2-0.

I listenede to City's winner while strolling around Bamburgh Castle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.