Which of our Youngsters will make it with us?

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
BigOscar said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
seeing evans play the other night, i feel like he could have a chance now. He was brilliant with some of the long cross field balls and the assist for the goal reminded me of gerrard. I think along with him, pozo, lopes and barker they will make it into our team. I have a feeling pelle has been ordered to start trying the kids out more.
I think he's a bit more Emyr Huws than Steven Gerrard, he doesn't show any signs of that power and forward drive that dominated Gerrards game when he was actually decent. He has a lovely range of passing though, so if he can add another dimension to his game, like the ability to screen the defence, then he could be a useful squad player. (with him playing CB for the EDS, I guess defending is the direction they are trying to take him in)

id agree, the passing that reminded of gerrard a bit. I suppose the carrick link is more suitable though. He could be a very useful player to have in the team/squad.
I completely agree if he can kick on and get a bit of a chance in the first team he could take 1 of the 4 centre midfield positions and if he turns out to be as good as carrick he will be useful.
As far as who will make it lopes is the most talented out of our academy and if we let him go we will regret it, Ambrose, Angelino, maffeo I would put money on at least being squad players.
Compared to all the strikers we've had over the years ambrose is the most natural goal scorer I think we've ever had, I personally think the player with the biggest potential however is Manu Garcia, the kid is pure class. As for the rest it still remains to be seen but Fouar, Brahim, haug, Dilrosun Bryan etc all look promising but have a lot to learn yet.

It doesn't make sense as you have to sign foreign youth players on 3 year deals - and he completed the contract - his international clearance might not have been till the october but his contract/training will have started earlier - which date is taken as the start of his Utd career as regards HG is not clear however.

mcfcdaytona said:
It doesn't make sense as you have to sign foreign youth players on 3 year deals - and he completed the contract - his international clearance might not have been till the october but his contract/training will have started earlier - which date is taken as the start of his Utd career as regards HG is not clear however.
Not necessarily with youth players they can sign when they like if not already signed for a club and also the rule applies to any player not just foreign players. In pogba's case he could still have moved there at the end of August but left in July and still be short .

I couldn't find a thread of his own, but I wanted to complement Pablo Maffeo on his performance last night. Although small in stature, and in all likelihood playing out of position, I thought he had an outstanding game. His toughness and gritty determination more than made up for his lack of size. He is also very clever with the ball.

It's a real complement to him that Paddy trusts him to play in such a pivotal position, which then has forced Bossaerts and Smith-Brown into competing for the fullback role.

jollylescott said:
I couldn't find a thread of his own, but I wanted to complement Pablo Maffeo on his performance last night. Although small in stature, and in all likelihood playing out of position, I thought he had an outstanding game. His toughness and gritty determination more than made up for his lack of size. He is also very clever with the ball.

It's a real complement to him that Paddy trusts him to play in such a pivotal position, which then has forced Bossaerts and Smith-Brown into competing for the fullback role.

It does tend to suggest that we have a weakness in central defence apart from Tosin but equally Vieira is giving him the experience of an alternative role which can only be good for his development.

For me he is as good a prospect that we have in the "junior" ranks and we could do worse than elevate him to the first team squad sooner rather than later ( he isn't far away now). I think he is as good a defender as I have seen coming through.Reads the game very well, good in one to one situations and getting better and better on the ball.

Maffeo was my motm yesterday.He has every attribute to succeed imo.

Angelino,who didn't have his best game yesterday,and is slightly more offensive by nature......equally has the ammunition to make the grade.

Every time I see Angelino and Maffeo, I can't help but be impressed. They both have so much composure, yet are such little warriors. We could do a lot worse than sticking Maffeo at RB for the rest of the season for the EDS, just so he absolutely nails down that side of his game ahead of giving them a chance in preseason next year. Hard to believe they are both so young

BigOscar said:
Every time I see Angelino and Maffeo, I can't help but be impressed. They both have so much composure, yet are such little warriors. We could do a lot worse than sticking Maffeo at RB for the rest of the season for the EDS, just so he absolutely nails down that side of his game ahead of giving them a chance in preseason next year. Hard to believe they are both so young

Its strange that he continues to be played at centre half when he is such an outstanding rightback,and ultimately,the position he will ply his trade at.
I get the ' good for his education' argument......but why not just concentrate on developing his natural strengths so as he will be ready for promotion sooner rather than later?

As said before,the withdrawal of Boasserts was a blessing......while he has the physical attributes..... his technical ability and positional play is severely lacking.

Tosin,Maffeo and Angelino(slightly older) are all playing beyond their years and all stand a great chance imo.

FantasyIreland said:
BigOscar said:

Its strange that he continues to be played at centre half when he is such an outstanding rightback,and ultimately,the position he will ply his trade at.
I get the ' good for his education' argument......but why not just concentrate on developing his natural strengths so as he will be ready for promotion sooner rather than later?

As said before,the withdrawal of Boasserts was a blessing......while he has the physical attributes..... his technical ability and positional play is severely lacking.

Tosin,Maffeo and Angelino(slightly older) are all playing beyond their years and all stand a great chance imo.
Not sure about Adarabiyo tbh, he doesn't look comfortable enough on the ball for me, obviously it's still early days for the lad (only 17 isn't he?) but he's not one I'd pick out as a future City starter.

kun said:
FantasyIreland said:
BigOscar said:

Not sure about Adarabiyo tbh, he doesn't look comfortable enough on the ball for me, obviously it's still early days for the lad (only 17 isn't he?) but he's not one I'd pick out as a future City starter.
I agree here.

He looks a competent defender but looks a little clumsy to me.

I think to make it as a CL level defender your composure has to be top notch, even if your ball playing skills are lacking.

Maffeo and Angelino look technically very good and both read the game quite well, in partucularly Maffeo, but until these defenders play senior football I thinks it's very hard to see how high their ceiling is going to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.