Who is the best footballer 2 come through R youth set-up?

Re: Who is the best footballer to come threw our youth set-up?

two words PAUL LAKE!!....all those people who big up Kinky/SWP/Robbie...etc as City greats.....well I suggest you get out the videos of Mr Lake circa 87-90...true genius, complete team player (set up 3 goals in the 5-1) and a total blue...my generations "Colin Bell". It was a complete heartbreaker from us as a club and him as a player when the knee injuries kicked in.

Current crop - has to be Ned (for his approach to the game, life and his LOVE of City - a true City legend in the making if we don't buy that overrated cheat from Chelski who will block his path)

Paul Lake no question.
Unbelieveably talented footballer.

eshiers1 said:
BufordUSABlue said:
eshiers1 said:
well there is a pretty much endless choice...

............kasper...........
RB.....Ned....Micah....Jordan
swp.......ireland/barton/johnson.....LM
....miller..........studge

plus many others

the most talented imo is ireland
the best atm is probably swp, but that could change soon!

studge is probably the most technically gifted

LOL - You obviously didnt see Paul Lake then my friend!

as i am 21...he was a bit before my time unfortunately!

Shame - as he was the closest i have ever seen to King Colin..........and i dont say that lightly !!

Best 11 possibly

Goal keeper Joe Corrigan,full backs Ray Ranson and Willie Donachie-centre halfs Mike Doyle Tommy Caton -Dave Bennet wide right -Stephen Ireland,Paul lake-Peter Barnes-Neil Young and David White up front?

To pick one of that lot is difficult Lakey was brilliant but we never saw him as good as he would have been if he had played a full career-if Stephen Ireland has 3 or 4 seasons like last year I think he could well win the award.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.