Who is the best footballer 2 come through R youth set-up?

Re: Who is the best footballer to come threw our youth set-up?

im not sure if he came through the ranks but clive wilson was as classy a player as you could wish to see in an average city team. paul lake is miles ahead of the rest but stevie ireland will surpass him. special mention to paul moulden,if only he had a bit of pace.....

BufordUSABlue said:
eshiers1 said:
well there is a pretty much endless choice...

............kasper...........
RB.....Ned....Micah....Jordan
swp.......ireland/barton/johnson.....LM
....miller..........studge

plus many others

the most talented imo is ireland
the best atm is probably swp, but that could change soon!

studge is probably the most technically gifted

LOL - You obviously didnt see Paul Lake then my friend!
Or Clive Wilson if he's got Jordan at LB.

SWP is awesome, no quastions! Maybe not as rip roaring as he used to be but his all round play is very good and he is sometimes the most reliable man on the field when covering in a RB for Richards after he's been on a run and also putting him into the middle when we're struggling keeping the ball, not where we want to see him but its where we've had to put him at times last season because the others keep giving the ball away (much less so when De Jong was signed)!

Ireland has had one great season! and Johnson had 3/4 of a great season too!
Lets hope they can both prove to be more than one hit(season)wonders and become City regulars and legends!

Id love to see Johnson be an understudy to Barry for 2-3 years and by the time he's 24 be the main man in our midfield! that would be awesome! same for Ireland! Id much rather see our home grown lads be the main men in our team, dont give a shit how much money we've got!

As for Richads, tbh i dont think he's a top half Prem Lg player! and Onuoha still has a lot to prove, none of us have seen enough of him to say whether he's gonna be good/great/average! But with Ireland and Johnson ive seen some excellence in what they can do! for Onuoha i might have to wait another year before i can say, yes i like what i see in him!

A lot of people have said Lake, now he was in my very early years as a blue (started going in 1989 when i was 6) so cant really remember all that much of him!

Was he REALLY that good!? Really!? or have a lot of City fans do what City fans do best and overestimate too much!?

danburge82 said:
A lot of people have said Lake, now he was in my very early years as a blue (started going in 1989 when i was 6) so cant really remember all that much of him!

Was he REALLY that good!? Really!? or have a lot of City fans do what City fans do best and overestimate too much!?

Paul Lake really WAS that good, I can assure you. The complete player and a die-hard Blue to boot. As someone once memorably said, he was a Rolls Royce amongst a fleet of Cortinas.

paul lake played centre half,midfield and up front for the first 11. i personally thought midfield was his best spot,confirmed when he had a great tussle with gazza at maine rd against spurs. i think he skippered the team at an early age and was the stand out player in a top youth team. speak to anyone who watched him,,or watch some footage of him and you'll see.
a top lad as well.

Shauny wright,stevie ireland close second.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.