Who now then?...

I don't subscribe to this "Sterling on the right" business. His job is different from a normal winger. When he gets the ball he tries to beat his man and goes inside as much as possible then tries to play a simple ball in the box. He doesn't have superb crossing unlike Sane or Mahrez where they can stay out wider to put in a cross or beat their man. It was always De Bruyne supplying the crosses in from the right.

Sterling's other job is to be a fox in the box and be the 2nd striker on the outside post when the ball is played across. That is why he has so many tap ins. So he can play on the left with Mendy overlapping supplying the crosses and can be further inside and now that we have Mahrez, he can be the out and out winger on the right.
So what’s the big deal about grabbing up a player that’s available and has the tools to become world class to play on the left...

But we don't have room for him. I can give you a list of players that might be good for our side but if we havent got room for them what would be the point.
We can make room in the squad. I wasn’t saying we should grab it at any cost but just stating he’d have room playing on lw

So what’s the big deal about grabbing up a player that’s available and has the tools to become world class to play on the left...
Well, Sané being miles better and the fucker costing a huge fee is definitely one argument against it, he'll never have a fit Sané out.

We can make room in the squad. I wasn’t saying we should grab it at any cost but just stating he’d have room playing on lw

We have Sane and Mahrez, as wide players, and Sterling and G.Jesus, as inside forwards, who can play there.

And Utd would never sell to us.

Zinchenko was superb in the DM role last night. If Pep can somehow develop his defensive attributes then we have a jewel. Mad passing range as a midfielder.

Because I think it has to do more with how we set up as a whole and now that we have Mahrez we have options on how to do that.

Martial is a good player, but I don't think we'd even waste our time trying to see if the rags will sell him to us. We probably know what the answer is. Mourinho would look an absolute fool if he came here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.