Who we really should buy in the summer..

Whats the point of selling Dzeko !

Its very hard to find 2nd/3rd choice striker who is better than Dzeko.

Lets just buy a match winning attacking midfielder.

Priority is a CB and CM. One that is sorted, Shaw would be great to have at left back but both our LBs are pretty good so I'm not too concerned about that (although both are 28 I think, so we should plan for the future). I would also like to see another AM/winger brought in, when we suffer injuries to Silva or Nasri, we lack a bit there, maybe Isco has changed his mind?
My team:
GK: Hart, Pantillimon
RB: Zabaleta, Richards
RCB: Kompany, Demichelis
LCB: Mangala/Benatia, Nastasic
LB: Kolarov, Clichy/Shaw?
CM: Yaya, Fernandinho, Garcia, Zuculini, Fernando/Carvalho
AM/Winger: Nasri, Silva, Navas, Milner, Isco
Striker: Negredo, Aguero, Jovetic, Dzeko

I think we might have to sell Dzeko, it'll be hard keeping everyone happy next season, but this also depends on how Jovetic does with injuries.

For me

GK Hart, Forster/Foster, Taylor
RB Zabaleta, Cancelo
LB Shaw/Coentrao/Moreno, Clichy
CB Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis, Nastasic, Rekik
MC Yaya, Fernandinho, Carvalho/Fernando, Garcia, Zuculini
AM/W Silva, Nasri, Milner, Navas, Lopes
ST Aguero, Negredo, Jovetic, Guidetti

El Mago said:
Whats the point of selling Dzeko !

Its very hard to find 2nd/3rd choice striker who is better than Dzeko.

Lets just buy a match winning attacking midfielder.

Why would we sell Dzeko and buy a 3rd choice striker? Surely we'd be looking to replace him with someone better than both him and Negredo, or at least with the potential to be better than both in a year or two. That's how you improve the squad.

Danamy said:
Kurzawa anyone?
Not sure Monaco are exactly looking to sell players, especially homegrown ones. Looks a decent player though, but I can't see him going anywhere

BigOscar said:
For me

RB Zabaleta, Cancelo

Why would Forster leave to be second choice, he is as good if not better than Hart from each performance I have seen of him and that dates back to Celtic initial loan when he was at Newcastle? The guy is top draw, he'd be perfect at Arsenal and I could see them go for him.

Guidetti will get sold. More chance of Fernando than Carvalho due to price I'd guess.

Big transfer window this one with such a hectic season and World Cup. City need to be thinking long term whilst also addressing certain positions now. Centre back is a priority, defensive midfield too... the other positions we can look at more raw prospects who might need a bit of time in and around the first team. Shaw looks like a brilliant prospect, but we would need to guarentee playing time with him (and he would favour Chelsea) similarly Barkley - we don't set the best example with nurturing young players and as an England fan I would recommend both stayed where they are!!!

NipHolmes said:
BigOscar said:
For me

RB Zabaleta, Cancelo

Why would Forster leave to be second choice, he is as good if not better than Hart from each performance I have seen of him and that dates back to Celtic initial loan when he was at Newcastle? The guy is top draw, he'd be perfect at Arsenal and I could see them go for him.

Guidetti will get sold. More chance of Fernando than Carvalho due to price I'd guess.
If he wants to challenge Hart for the England spot, there is no better place than here! Generally I don't particularly care who our 2nd keeper is, it should just be the best available homegrown keeper, whoever that is

Think we don't need major changes
Gk Hart(HG), Westwood(HGC and free), Johansen/Lawlor(HGC) sell Pantilimon 4 mill?
RB Zabaleta, Richards(HGC)
LB Kolarov, Clichy(HG)
CB Kompany, Nastasic, MDM, Koscielny/Varane(my choice) 15-25 mill
RM Navas, Silva
LM Nasri, Milner(HG), Lopes(HGC)
CM Yaya, Fernandinho, Garcia, Huws(HGC) sell Rodwell for 7mill?
CF Aguero, Jovetic, Negredo, Gomis(free) sell Dzeko and Guidetti for 20 mill?

Home grown at club 5 Westwood, Johansen/Lawlor, Richards, Lopes, Huws.
Home grown country 3 Hart, Clichy, Milner.

Total spent 25 mill
Total sold 31mill

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.